cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop update downloaded but didn't install

Journeyman

Lollipop update downloaded but didn't install

I received the update notification on Wednesday and downloaded the update. The download completed and started to verify the download and that was it... Nothing installed or changed, checked for system updates and it says software is up to date I checked the android version and its still 4.4.4.

Why didn't it work? Is there a way to get the update pushed to me again so I can give it another try

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Lollipop update downloaded but didn't install

Mine didn't even download. I hit yes I'm in. The screen went black, then back to the home screen. Now it just says my software is up to date but still on 4.4.4

Journeyman

mine downloaded then verified then some comment flashes across the top of the screen. I wasn't watching the phone so only caught a glimpse of it. then nothing happened no install reboot or notification. Tried everything I could find on Google to get it to either install or to get the update notification to come to my phone again so I can retry it. NO luck....Smiley Sad

Journeyman

Mine nagged me for a 4 days then when I went to actually update it said it's up to date (4.4.4)

Is there a possibility the update was pulled do to the issues we see in other threads?

Journeyman

I was posting about this in the 'hi did anyone receive 5.1...' thread, and the sprint rep Kayan basically said 'oh that's weird you should take it to a sprint store.' so hopefully i'll have time to do that tonight after work.

Journeyman

Let me know how that works out. nearest one to me is about 40 miles

Journeyman

Well, it went about as well as can be expected. Which is to say, they blew a bunch of BS at me and did nothing. First the repair guy flatly denied that the phone was getting lollipop. Then after sitting there patiently showing him how, in fact, Sprint was in fact pushing lollipop out, he denied that the moto x could handle lollipop, because it is 'so powerful it would just melt it.' The whole thing was pretty obnoxious but i'm not exactly surprised. time for a nexus. and maybe project fi.

Journeyman

Rather than repeating your pain at a Sprint store I'm thinking project Fi is in my future too.

my phone is fine on Kit-Kat, it can stay that way

Journeyman

Yep looks like that's about it. If its this much of a pain to get, then its probably going to be a pain once installed. Better off without it

Journeyman

Went to store, talked to Level 1 and Level 2 at Sprint, talked to Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 support at Motorola. They say there is nothing they can do and if under warranty will exchange. I just bought this phone and the exchange is a refurbished model (hum??)

Someone at Sprint or Motorola better get busy. Checking now to find head tech in my area to see if they can sideload update!

Journeyman

Wife got the update though. Works well!

Journeyman

glad someone got it was beginning to think it was a hoax lol

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat