cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop updated...now can't call or use mobile data!

Journeyman

Lollipop updated...now can't call or use mobile data!

I just updated this morning to Lollipop when prompted, and now my signal strength indicator has an excalaimation point next to it, and I get an error when I place calls.

Also, I cannot use mobile data at all.

Any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Lollipop updated...now can't call or use mobile data!

I'm in the same boat as you since last night, no text messages either they're delayed coming in over8-12 hours, even WiFi is having issues. Also all the Apps that need to be updated are in limbo with WiFi connection.

Journeyman

I'm having an identical problem. Has taken all day to finally get Google Play Services to update, but no other apps will update; the downloads stop partway through.  Zero service or data when WIFI is turned off!

Journeyman

I still can't get the apps to update, whether on WIFI or LTE, but i DID get service working. I had to disable wifi completely then reboot my phone, it went through the Activation process again and rebooted itself, and now I have service again.

Journeyman

I went a few hours without Voice or Data after the update.  I tried these things ...

Moto X

Switched between nv and ruim/sim  (nothing)  Returned to NV

Switched to 3G from LTE (nothing)  Returned to LTE

Dialed ##72786#  Will reset your Mobile Data Settings

Rebooted with Wifi and Bluetooth OFF - Caused an Activation and Profile Update

I have my LTE Back!!

Sorry that this isn't more scientific.

Journeyman

Same here, tried everything i can think of...

Cleared Cache

Updated Google Play Services

Restarted the phone 10+ times since 11:30am yesterday

Got the LTE back, but still having major issues:

SOOOO SLOW

Can't text

Can't use my email

Randomly restarts itself

Getting ready to do a factory reset, just want to back up my text messages, but now having trouble downloading the app to do that! 

So annoyed!  (My husband upgraded his with zero issues... )

Journeyman

Ridiculously slow. Also home button does nothing, the battery is being burned through as in literally the phone is hot, SIM card error messages seemingly at random, the phone locks up, and yes, self reboots. I am very annoyed. In addition to the reboots the phone itself has done, I have restarted the thing a good dozen times, updated the profile and prl, and attempted a partition wipe, although the phone froze during that as well. It will take hours, possibly days, to back up the data on this phone before I can attempt a factory reset, and I do not have time for this nonsense. I suspect strongly that they, Motorola or Sprint or possibly both, are counting on that, because an operating system over a year old having issues like this smacks of artificial obsolescence.

Journeyman

I have now successfully performed the partition wipe to no effect. In addition, I am now unable to access my data via USB, thus guaranteeing I will be unable to attempt a factory reset for days at the earliest, if ever. I am livid.

Journeyman

Updated my phone..........no issues what so ever. FINALLY!!!!!! LOLLIPOP!!!!!!     

Journeyman

Oh....and finally I can use USB OTG drive to transfer files!    

GrandMaster

are you the type that does a FR before and after any large update? i know most that do it this way run into WAY less issues

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was having the same issues with the home button not working nor could I click on links. I cleared the partition cache but it did not work. I came across the following solution listed in another forum and bingo! it worked!

Go to: "Settings" then "Users" then click "Guest". Once logged on the "Guest" account go back to "Settings" then "Users" then click "Remove Guest" Bingo!

Hope this helps others

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat