Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X Kitkat update mobile data broken

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto X Kitkat update mobile data broken

I updated my Moto X to Kitkat yesterday after receiving the notification. All seems to have gone well EXCEPT that mobile data (3G, 4G) doesn't work 99% of the time. Furthermore, the cell signal sometimes fades in and out. I do not see "3G" or "4G" in the top bar as I used to when wifi is off or out of wifi range, and there is no connection to the Internet without wifi. I DID see "3G" at home for a while when I turned wifi off (we have a Sprint Airave device at home), and I very briefly saw "3G" on the way to work this morning. Bu then it disappeared. I have not seen "4G" even though we're in a 4G area.

I've tried turning mobile data off and on, airplane mode off and on, switching the mobile network (Sprint only, CDMA/4G, and even GSM though that shouldn't work here in the U.S.), and rebooting the phone multiple times. I have not done a factory reset yet.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Moto X Kitkat update mobile data broken

Same here.  Although I really haven't checked at home (have an Airave), at work I used to get great LTE speed and signal and now nada. Tried rebooting, updating PRL and profile etc.  Sprint zone still shows that there is a software update, but the update was applied yesterday when the notification came in..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: I got impatient and did a factory reset. So far, that seems to have fixed it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From off. Press volume down and hold press and hold power. Wait for red triangle then vol up and power for a quick second. Goto wipe settings cache. And press enter I believe it to be vol up. Restart phone..if still have issues.. Next do recovery.

Highlighted
Master

jeffrkey,

Thanks for reaching out to us and we apologize for the delay in our response. Are you still having issues with your device? Have you had a technician check it out? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

azdeviant1-

Thanks for posting and helping a fellow Sprint customer!

Stephanie C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Doing a factory reset fixed the problem.

Highlighted
Master

Hey jeffrkey,

Good to hear. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat