cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

Journeyman

Re: Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

Where is the hotspot feature? I updated yesterday and now I can't find it. I used it almost every day. It used to be in settings, wifi, more..., portable hostspot. Anyone know where it is in lollipop?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My XT1056 (first-generation Moto X) has never had a problem connecting to my home WiFi network... until this update was installed a few days ago.  It is now stuck in a loop where it connects and then disconnects a second later, eventually displaying the message "Connection Failure."  My modem and router are working perfectly, with a number of devices remotely connected, including two other Sprint phones (one Android, one iPhone).

Spent about two hours on chat and phone with tech support over the last few days, who more or less insisted Sprint has no responsibility to fix and that I should call Motorola.  Sprint promised a "senior level technician" would call me today between 7 am and 5 pm.  No one called... surprise surprise.

Please roll out a fix to this awful update or at least provide competent support.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Please let me know if you get answers before I do.

Journeyman

Lost hotspot ability with this upgrade.

Journeyman

I spent 2+ hours in two different sprint stores on Saturday after posting. They couldn't get it to appear even though it is in my contract. They even got a print engineer from corporate online and attempting reprovisioning my phone three times. No go. Surprisingly, I'm eligible for a free new phone and that should fix the problem. Why does that strategy not surprise me? I love this phone. It is in great shape. I don't want a new one. And they claim that they can't roll me back but must do it on my own. That sucks!! Will post any further info if I find any.

GrandMaster

if the ability was lost with the update then you'll need yet another update to be pushed out by Motorola to fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Talked to Motorola. The only other thing they had me do was to startup in safe mode. Didnt work either. They are escalating my ticket.

GrandMaster

safe mode only shuts down all 3rd party apps so you can see if the issue is being caused by a rogue app or not. which is good they ran through that one just in case. usually they opt to shove peope right to a factory reset without actually diagnosing anything.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Went down to my local Sprint store in Fairfield, CA today.  The customer service guy turned my phone off and then back on again, and the store's free unsecured network and secured networks showed up.  I was able to connect to both successfully.  Took the phone home and still cannot connect to my home WiFi network, although many other devices (including two other Sprint phones) successfully connect.  At this point, I figure it has something to do with my Netgear router.  I give up.  I will just stream Sprint at home, watch my data use, and take my business somewhere else when my contract runs out.

Journeyman

I noticed my sprint zone app is not tracking my data either but shows in the details.

GrandMaster

welcome to Lollipop...the update that has caused random issues with tons of phones so far lol.

Journeyman

Finally!  Someone with the same problem I'm seeing. Exactly. Please let us know if you come across any solution. I have rebooted several times but I haven't tried the factory reset yet, because I'm afraid that if it doesn't work I won't be able to re-install any apps without wifi connectivity.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat