Did you mean: 

Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

Features/Enhancements:

• OS upgrade to Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
  • Google Security Patch: Stagefright

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 11/5/15 and will be completed by 12/10/15
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support
42 REPLIES 42
Journeyman

Re: Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

Still waiting

Journeyman

Still waiting too. Have not heard of one person getting an update yet. Hope the update has not been cancelled. Would like to get some information on what is going on.

Journeyman

Just got OTA update last night around 7pm. Takes a while to update but it seems it's worth it.

Journeyman

Got the update this morning. Now my phone is malfunctioning and running very slowly. Google play won't update- keeps giving an error. Got an alert that my SIM card can't be read??? I'm a little aggravated.

Journeyman

I'm with you. Mine won't connect to the Sprint network at all.

Journeyman

try restarting your phone.I had the same problem after the update, I then restated my phone and it worked just fine afterwards.

Journeyman

Thanks, I did restart. It took a couple of hours and drained my battery, but the Google Play update finally was successful too. My phone isn't freezing up as bad now either. Oh, and the SIM card notification hasn't come back, so I'm not sure what was up with that, but for now seems ok.

Journeyman

Awful. The lag is real, home button does nothing, phone freezes and is barely usable after update. SIM card errors, commands outright ignored, and I just had to tell it to shut down twice before it would do it. Which is the only option on the shut down menu now, not sure if that's intentional or another bug. I've seen several people with many of these same issues now and I am not amused. I feel like this is intentional to make me buy a new phone which is not cool. If lollipop was this buggy for all devices Android would no longer be a thing, and it's been out for a hot minute so I know it's been tested and tweeked. If the ghost Moto X can't handle this update, it should not have been pushed. It would take HOURS to back up the data on this phone, so performing a factory reset is a major undertaking, not just something I can casually try. What's up?

Journeyman

Restarting my phone several times fixed the issue for me.

Journeyman

I have restarted the phone a good dozen times, plus the phone restarted itself a few times. Updated profile, prl, and attempted partition wipe, although phone froze up during that last. Still barely more functional than a brick.

Journeyman

Did they take the update down?

I have been getting the message to updat all week but wanted to wait till Saturday, now no nag screens and when I attempt a system update it say i'm up to date

still on 4.4.4

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat