cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

GrandMaster

Re: Moto X software update - version LPA23.12-39.10

one other thing i noticed mentioned but im unaware of..were there different versions of the Moto X that were kicked out? a 2013 and 2014 model? i remember seeing something mentioned about different versions of the same phone but one didnt see the issues when the other did.

when you pull down the notifications bar does anything show in there what that "!" might be? does it have a triangle around it or anything?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Nothing in notifications, only in the quick settings pull-down, and it's been infrequent/intermittent at best. For all I know it happens several times a day and I just don't notice; not even sure if anything actually stops working.

The ! shows up just right of the graphical "strength" indicators, the little triangles for wifi and mobile data. Since toggling airplane seems to fix it (if it's even really broken) I haven't worried about it. Thought I'd mention it here in case someone else has seen it as well.

GrandMaster

this is while youre connected to wifi? wonder if its trying to tell you the wifi connection is somewhat unstable? or the phone is reading it as semi unstable?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It has happened while I'm connected to wifi, but I work from home so that's almost always true.

Unstable was my thought as well, except the "Sprint" / mobile data indicator shows the same ! at the same time. I figure some radio bit(s) get into some kind of unhappy state, and so long as I don't have to fully restart the phone to fix it, I can live with it.

Journeyman

Also might be related to whatever currently serves as the Connections Optimizer (is that still a thing?) We have two routers, one downstairs with 2.5 ghz one upstairs with 2.5 and 5 ghz so there are at least three possible sign-in points at any given time. If there's an optimizer still running in Lollipop, it might be thrashing, trying to decide what to use. I might have the phone "forget" all but one of the possible connections, see if that makes a difference.

GrandMaster

the optimizer is built in on sprints side..might have changed up the name of it though. on my M9 its now called automatic connections. go into your wifi settings and see if there is something that automatically kicks you back to mobile data if the wifi connection is unstable..and if there are any types of notifications to uncheck that lets you know if the connection is unstable. wifi itself should flip flop you from one connection to the other without the need of the optimizer..optimizer was only added in so you could leave wifi on all day while out and about and it wouldnt cause the phone to keep searching for wifi connections constantly.

Journeyman

So my move to a galaxy s5 didn't pan out since that free option happened to be out of stock and discontinued. But I could buy a new phone. Didn't see that coming. So I gave getting my moto x running one more try. I don't have hotspot working although I did find copious similar probelms on other phone models so this isn't just a moto x problem. That aside I did find a work-around for getting my computer connected to the internet. I purchased EasyTether pro for 10$ and was able to get connected via a USB cable to my phone with the phone placed in Developer mode (by going to Settings/About phone/ & click build number until it tells you that developer mode has been enabled) and USB Debugging enabled in the newly visible Settings/Develop menu. On Yosemite the Easytether install succeeds but no app shows up on the App Launcher. Rather, a new network device type is now available. And you need to add the EasyTether type in your network preferences. But follow the instructions in easytether's installation steps on your phone once the app is installed and it will walk you through how to do all of this on your computer, a mac in my case.

So although it isn't hot spot I can get connectivity on my computer and stay with my moto x without spending money buying a new phone. Cheers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat