cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto x 2nd gen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto x 2nd gen.

Gosh Dangit Sprint. You are some clever beasties. I'm trying my best not to curse here because I'm an adult, but it's very difficult.

I switched to Sprint about two years ago from Verizon and have not been disappointed. Verizon likes to say they've got the best coverage, but in my experience they didn't where it mattered. At my house as well as my work I had service where Verizon and AT&T (etc) customers did not, so of course I have loved the coverage despite campaigns from other providers.

BUT.

I love my Moto X and when I found out that the 2nd Generation Moto X was being rated the highest out of ALL the smartphones put on the market (yes, above your precious iPhone as well) I was ecstatic to receive it. BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO CARRY IT.

In a disappointed flurry I went to see if I could find a comparable plan on another network so I could have the flipping phone I want but they're all more expensive and offer less data.

So, while I can't complain about a cheap and great phone plan, I can say that if saving money wasn't so appealing to me I would switch in a heartbeat. You had better believe when I have ANY sort of disposable income, I'll be switching to a provider that can offer me exactly what I want.

Maybe not, I'm very angry. I love that you guys are the only place that has unlimited data. But this limitation is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with, after AT&T's customer service that is. I predict half of Moto X users will switch, and the other half (which I'm in) will stay because you guys know no other company can beat your unlimited plan. Gosh dangit.

Clever beasties.

80 REPLIES 80
Highlighted
Wizard

Just a quick question here. Why not get the Nexus 6? Yeah, it's bigger but still a Motorola phone and updates straight from Google. I agree that the Moto X looks good, but I'm sick and tired waiting for updates so I want a pure Google phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You answered your own question...because it's a BIG phone.  I made a card board sized cutout of the Nexus 6 and carried it around in my pocket for a couple of days.  It sucks.  Every time I sat down...I had to adjust the cardboard so that it didn't dig into my hip.

But, I agree with you...I love Nexus phones, because of the Pure Android.  And I would love this one if it was a reasonable size.  So, this is why I love the Moto X.  It is pure Android and receives updates nearly as fast as Nexus...and much faster than HTC/Samsung....and it's a reasonable size. 

Another side benefit to the original Moto X is that it was American made in Fort Worth, TX...although the plant was owned and operated by the Chinese company Foxconn.  Obviously that benefit is reduced as Lenovo now owns Motorla...but hopefully Lenovo will keep some jobs in the US.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GKBULS1 pretty much answered all aspects.

Here are a few of my reasons:

• Updates on the Moto X getting 4.4.4 after the cancelled 4.4.3 took a few extra weeks but it was rolled out pretty quickly.
  • Twist to open up camera is a plus when you I want to snap a pic without having to unlock
  • HD video recording with stereo sound is great (specially during concerts) thanks to the noise cancellation software from Motorola.
  • Battery life is far superior from any other android phone I ever had, runs for a full day. Coming from the Nexus S 4G and the Galaxy Nexus, had 2 extra batteries with me in order go thru the day.
  • Moto X LTE performance connectivity is excellent,  get LTE in places were was not able to connect with my Galaxy Nexus. Almost Google Stock OS with Active display is a huge improvement for notifications.
  • Screen size the 4.7 in  is perfect to carry in my back pocket, hold and use with one hand. I know the new Moto X has a 5.2 in screen but its not huge compared  to the Nexus 6.

• Upgrade Pricing: If Sprint were to offer it for $99 with contract, I would not hesitate to upgrade right away,  I been off contract for almost 3 months, was waiting for the New Moto X and now I don't have any options on phones to upgrade to.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Nexus 6 is an awesome phone but it's just stupid big and stupid expensive.

Highlighted
Master

Katt50 Thank you for your post. We will take your feedback into consideration.
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm not giving feedback, please read before you reply. Just asking a question about why people want this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Read salvalo_22's reply above.  For me personally, the reasons I want the new X is that I like stock android, fast updates, the 5.2 inch screen, and I really like all the Moto software features (Moto Voice, Active Display, Moto Assist, and others), not to mention the $499 price tag.

The Nexus 6 is $649, is WAY TOO BIG for my tastes, and it still isn't clear if it will include all of the software features from the Moto X (Moto Voice for example).  Also the Moto X has MotoMaker customization, not available on the Nexus 6.

So for me, that 100% rules out the Nexus 6 for me, it's just too big and too expensive.  The new X is the only phone I want to buy.  That is unless there was a version of the Droid Turbo / Moto Maxx for sale at any other US carrier other than Verizon.

I recently bought a used 2013 Moto X and I really like it, aside from the really small screen that is (made smaller with on screen buttons vs the capacitive ones on the S4 I was coming from)

Highlighted
Master

MylesLong,
Hey there! If you need assistance with anything, let us know. We'd be glad to help.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

bobby2478,
Hello there! We are here if you need us.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

GKBULS1 - If you need any assistance, we are available.

- Chequitha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think anyone at Sprint CARES that we want the new MOTO X and honestly I am tired of spinning my wheels trying.  They DON'T CARE what their customers want!  Every single comment requesting the new Moto X is replied with a comment from customer support recommending another phone.  IF WE WANTED ANOTHER PHONE WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT ALREADY!!!  Please stop patronizing the people who pay your salary.  We are all tech savvy people that spend a lot of time investigating technology before we invest in it.  All we want is for the company we all currently support to take this matter seriously enough to respond once and for all so we can stop this nonsense of continuing to ask for what we are apparently not getting.  Just man up and tell us that you have no intention of carrying the new Moto X so we can move our service to another carrier!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, but right now the only thing you can do to help is to sell the new Moto X on Sprint.  Since that is something beyond your control, and Sprint Management has made the decision to not only not sell this device, but also to avoid any announcement of any kind regarding the new Moto X almost 2 months after it was first announced, there doesn't appear to be anything Sprint can do at all.

I'm very disappointed.  Which is a shame because I like my $25/mo Framily plan.  But if Sprint doesn't sell this device at all, and also chooses to be the sole US carrier to forgo other major devices (like upcoming Blackberry devices), then it won't matter how satisfied I am with my plan.  Note, years ago I left T-mobile for ATT because ATT was the only carrier at the time who offered the Razr.  Sprint will bleed membership if they do not keep up with their competition in other US carriers in terms of devices they sell on their network.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat