Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto x 2nd gen.

Journeyman

Moto x 2nd gen.

Gosh Dangit Sprint. You are some clever beasties. I'm trying my best not to curse here because I'm an adult, but it's very difficult.

I switched to Sprint about two years ago from Verizon and have not been disappointed. Verizon likes to say they've got the best coverage, but in my experience they didn't where it mattered. At my house as well as my work I had service where Verizon and AT&T (etc) customers did not, so of course I have loved the coverage despite campaigns from other providers.

BUT.

I love my Moto X and when I found out that the 2nd Generation Moto X was being rated the highest out of ALL the smartphones put on the market (yes, above your precious iPhone as well) I was ecstatic to receive it. BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO CARRY IT.

In a disappointed flurry I went to see if I could find a comparable plan on another network so I could have the flipping phone I want but they're all more expensive and offer less data.

So, while I can't complain about a cheap and great phone plan, I can say that if saving money wasn't so appealing to me I would switch in a heartbeat. You had better believe when I have ANY sort of disposable income, I'll be switching to a provider that can offer me exactly what I want.

Maybe not, I'm very angry. I love that you guys are the only place that has unlimited data. But this limitation is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with, after AT&T's customer service that is. I predict half of Moto X users will switch, and the other half (which I'm in) will stay because you guys know no other company can beat your unlimited plan. Gosh dangit.

Clever beasties.

80 REPLIES 80
Master

ThOr4z1n3,
Thank you for reaching out. Information about upcoming products will be available on sprint.com/newsroom.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I fear that is exactly what Sprint did...as short sighted as Sprint is on their handsets...it wouldn't be surprising.  However, the Nexus 6 (Nexus X) is rumored to have a 5.9 inch screen...way too big.  I can believe there's a market for that size phone...but I guarantee there's a huge market for a 4.7 to 5.2 inch screen with high end specs as well.

Journeyman

Sprint you need to get this phone. Best rated android and alot of websites calling it smartphone of the year!!! What are you guys thinking. The best phone company need the best phones! It's not just about the iphone.

Journeyman

I completely agree, 5.9 in screen is to big for me. I been very happy with the 4.7 inch. I can't really understand why people like bigger screens. To me the Moto X is the perfect size to fit in my pocket and to use with one hand.

Journeyman

Exactly. The Moto X was given the title of Best Android of the Year. Sprint deliver what your customers really want.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/10/10/motorola-moto-x-2014-review-the-years-best-smartp...

Master

How may we assist you today? We are here to help.

Mirleine

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You can assist us by letting the powers that be know that we want the new Moto X and NOT the iPhone.

Master

Thanks for your feed back. We will certainly forward this information. If you have any questions for us let me know. We are happy to help. - Erica
Sprint Social Care
Master

​salvalo_22,

For news on phone launches and releases, please visit our newsroom for the information. Here's the link http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz .

- Sophia
Sprint Social Care
Master

MylesLong, Thank you for posting your feedback. We will be more than glad to forward your feedback to our upper management. In the meantime, you may stay updated on all new releases and updates by visiting us at Sprint.com/newsroom . Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Today, the very day Google announced the new Nexus 6, Sprint announces they will offer the new Nexus 6.  While this is great for some, it isn't for all.  The Nexus 6 will be MASSIVE (bigger than the iPhone 6+ AND the Note 4), and will come with a hefty price tag ($649.99).  I haven't bought a Note because they are too big, so this new phone doesn't solve that problem for me.  Similarly, I'm on a "Framily" plan, and would buy my device off contract, so the non-subsidized price of $649 is WAY too expensive.

Meanwhile the 2nd Gen Moto X comes with a modest 5.2" display, comes with latest and greatest hardware updates and is priced at only $499 off contract.  Yet over a month has passed since Moto unveilled this device with no official word from Sprint on whether they will offer it.

Moto has a version of the 2nd Gen X that will work with Sprint Spark (Model XT1092), so it's not as if it's due to Moto not supporting Sprint's Spark network.

Customer Care, PLEASE escalate this immediately to your superiors.  I and everyone else posting in this and other forums have been patiently waiting for over a month with nothing but complete radio silence from Sprint in regards to whether they will offer the 2nd Gen Moto X or not.  Even if it wasn't available for another month or 2, if Sprint at least acknowledged it WILL be offering this device for sale at some point in the not too distant future, this would satisfy a lot of people.

There is absolutely no excuse to not offer this great device.  Same goes for Sprint not acknowledging whether they will offer the new Blackberry devices (Passport and Classic).  Not everyone wants to buy an iPhone, not everyone wants to carry a phablet around, and not everyone wants a flagship with a skinned OS.

I'm not alone in saying that while the new plan offerings (Framily and others) are great for consumers, you have to offer devices on your network people are excited about too.  I'm tired of my Galaxy S4 and have been waiting for months to see what I should upgrade to.  If Sprint doesn't offer the 2nd Gen Moto X or other devices, I may as well jump ship to Tmobile or ATT as at least they always carry the latest and greatest devices.  Sprint has really fallen behind the times outside of offering the latest flagships.

Journeyman

Sprint,

Years ago you didn't carry the iPhone and you lost a lot of customers to your competitors. In probably 15 of my 17 years with Sprint I've used a Motorola product. Historically you've been behind your competitors to offer top products on your service (such as the RAZR and iPhone in previous decades). Please repeat history and offer the Moto X second generation after your competitors have done already. There are very loyal Motorola customers out there; you are driving them to your competitors.

Thank you.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat