Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto x 2nd gen.

Journeyman

Moto x 2nd gen.

Gosh Dangit Sprint. You are some clever beasties. I'm trying my best not to curse here because I'm an adult, but it's very difficult.

I switched to Sprint about two years ago from Verizon and have not been disappointed. Verizon likes to say they've got the best coverage, but in my experience they didn't where it mattered. At my house as well as my work I had service where Verizon and AT&T (etc) customers did not, so of course I have loved the coverage despite campaigns from other providers.

BUT.

I love my Moto X and when I found out that the 2nd Generation Moto X was being rated the highest out of ALL the smartphones put on the market (yes, above your precious iPhone as well) I was ecstatic to receive it. BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO CARRY IT.

In a disappointed flurry I went to see if I could find a comparable plan on another network so I could have the flipping phone I want but they're all more expensive and offer less data.

So, while I can't complain about a cheap and great phone plan, I can say that if saving money wasn't so appealing to me I would switch in a heartbeat. You had better believe when I have ANY sort of disposable income, I'll be switching to a provider that can offer me exactly what I want.

Maybe not, I'm very angry. I love that you guys are the only place that has unlimited data. But this limitation is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with, after AT&T's customer service that is. I predict half of Moto X users will switch, and the other half (which I'm in) will stay because you guys know no other company can beat your unlimited plan. Gosh dangit.

Clever beasties.

80 REPLIES 80
Master

bobby2478, We hear you. No word as of yet, all announcements will be made on Sprint.com/newsroom. We thank you for your patience on this. We're working hard to better serve you. - Ash
Sprint Social Care
Master

SPR7NT0460- I definitely understand staying loyal to product. Please stay updated on our newsroom for information on new phones. www.sprint.com/newsroom - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

That's because the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T for a while before Sprint could offer it. No one else had it.

Not offering the Moto X makes no sense though. Especially since it's been confirmed that they are getting the Nexus 6. Someone made a stupid decision.

Master

Katt50 - I understand the frustration. Any official word regarding that will be posted on newsroom.sprint.com. If there is anything else that you need help with, let me know. I'm here for you. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just wanted to add that I feel the same way. The Nexus 6 is way too big and expensive. The second generation X would be just right. I am interested in early upgrading my wife and I to this phone, but I'm definitely staying with Sprint. I hope Sprint is seriously considering carrying this phone.

Journeyman

I also feel the same way. I have the Galaxy Nexus and my wife the Nexus 5 (off contract). I have been without a contract for a while now, and wanted to upgrade to the Nexus 6 but was disappointed that the leak about the massive screen were true. I'd get a Nexus 5 but I prefer the AMOLED screen the Moto X Gen 2 has. I have been a Sprint customer for over 16 years but I am seriously considering changing carriers if the network is not upgraded (hardly get LTE in the Bay Area) and the company offers the phones customers want.

Wizard

Carl, you don't speak enough English to understand my frustration. I'm probably going Nexus 6 for my next upgrade because I really like the features. The only thing I don't like is the size. But, and this had nothing to do with Sprint (or any cell phone provider) the newer phones with the best features are getting bigger.

Master

RORTI06,

Thank you for posting. We don't want to see you leave. Our network team is working diligently on completing network upgrades. Once the Nexus 6 is released you can go to the Sprint store to see if it is suitable for you. If you have anymore questions or concerns, let us know.

Joel

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I echo the statements above.  If the new Moto X is not offered by Sprint quickly, you will lose all 4 lines we currently have with Sprint.  I do NOT want the new Nexus, I want the new Moto X and so do the other 3 lines we have!  The shortsightedness of this decision may prove to have some unintended consequences.  Once you have lost a customer base, you are unlikely to get them back.  Sprint should be more worried about maintaining market share and potentially gaining but certainly not with decisions like this one.  Marketing 101:  GIVE THE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY WANT, NOT WHAT YOU THINK THEY SHOULD WANT!

Journeyman

Steph,

Thank you for the newsroom link. Will Sprint be announcing they listened to their customers and decided to carry the Moto X second generation?

Master

KATKARINA, Thanks for reaching out! We hear you and you can stay informed at www.sprint.com\newsroom for new updates. *Jazmine Social Care
Master

SPR7NT0460, We listen to all customers! All information on releases and news will be in the newsroom board. Please keep updated! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat