Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto x 2nd gen.

Journeyman

Moto x 2nd gen.

Gosh Dangit Sprint. You are some clever beasties. I'm trying my best not to curse here because I'm an adult, but it's very difficult.

I switched to Sprint about two years ago from Verizon and have not been disappointed. Verizon likes to say they've got the best coverage, but in my experience they didn't where it mattered. At my house as well as my work I had service where Verizon and AT&T (etc) customers did not, so of course I have loved the coverage despite campaigns from other providers.

BUT.

I love my Moto X and when I found out that the 2nd Generation Moto X was being rated the highest out of ALL the smartphones put on the market (yes, above your precious iPhone as well) I was ecstatic to receive it. BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO CARRY IT.

In a disappointed flurry I went to see if I could find a comparable plan on another network so I could have the flipping phone I want but they're all more expensive and offer less data.

So, while I can't complain about a cheap and great phone plan, I can say that if saving money wasn't so appealing to me I would switch in a heartbeat. You had better believe when I have ANY sort of disposable income, I'll be switching to a provider that can offer me exactly what I want.

Maybe not, I'm very angry. I love that you guys are the only place that has unlimited data. But this limitation is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with, after AT&T's customer service that is. I predict half of Moto X users will switch, and the other half (which I'm in) will stay because you guys know no other company can beat your unlimited plan. Gosh dangit.

Clever beasties.

80 REPLIES 80
Journeyman

To everyone who is reading this who is interested in the 2nd Gen Moto X on Sprint:

Please send a respectful email to marcelo.claure@sprint.com.  I've sent a respectful email on this topic, included my cell phone, to let them know about my interest in this device and my displeasure for the fact there hasn't been any official word.  The more people who write in asking about this device will bring visibility to the level of interest people have in it.

I also respectfully said that the longer Sprint goes with no official word on this or other devices such as Blackberry Passport of Blackberry Classic, the number of existing customers who get fed up and leave for a competitor will only increase.  I said I'm personally very satisfied with my Framily plan, the only gripe I have right now is lack of device availability compared to competitors.  What good is your plan if you don't have great devices to use it with?

Post back with your results.  I will post back if I hear anything in response to my email.

Master

bobby2478 - We appreciate your feedback. Is there anything we can do to assist you today? Let us know, we're here to help. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to assist, other than to forward yet again our request for Sprint to formally announce and offer the 2nd Gen Moto X.  I want to purchase this device, but as of now this isn't an option and there isn't any word that it will ever be an option.  If this doesn't change soon then I won't have a choice but to leave for a competitor who offers the devices I want.

I'm very satisfied with the price of my Framily plan, the only issue I have is with Sprint not offering the new Moto X or the new Blackberry devices (Passport, Classic).  As of now, the only devices I'd seriously consider purchasing are the new Moto X and the upcoming Blackberry Classic.  If the only way to get them is to switch to another carrier than that may be my only option.

Thanks

Master

bobby2478 - I do understand your issue with this. I will be forwarding this up the chain of command. Thank you for the concern. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Within an hour or 2, I received a call back from someone on Sprint's Executive Response Team, and they said they will ensure that the marketing and devices teams are aware of the fact customers want to buy the new Moto X on Sprint.  The more people who write in (include your cell phone so they can call you back), this will help solidify that there is a market of people who want to purchase this device, and that Sprint made a mistake by not offering it.

So at this point I'd say we need as many people as possible to write into Sprint (email address in earlier post) to respectfully request that they reverse course and bring the new Moto X to Sprint.  They may need to see a certain number of people who want this device before deciding it's worth them carrying it.  So the more people who write in will only increase the chances this device does make it to Sprint before too long.

Journeyman

Sprint,

Here's a thought, once the Moto X 2nd generation ships with Android 5 Lollipop offer it to your customers and win back their loyalty.

Journeyman

Good to hear. Will be taking the time to write an email, will provide feedback if I get a response. I think we should start signing a petition to gather as many current Sprint customers that are looking to upgrade to or buy the New Moto X. What do you guys think? or sending the email is enough?

Was reading an article on DroidLife that Sprint is the only major carrier not offering the New Moto X. Verizon, ATT and T-mobile offer it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/28/comparison-droid-turbo-vs-nexus-6-vs-moto-x-2nd-gen-vs-moto-g/

Im holding back on my upgrade, love stock android, but theres no other option than the Nexus 6, and not a fan of that 6 inch screen.

Journeyman

That isn't entirely true:  T-Mobile also doesn't offer the new Moto X.  There is a GSM Unlocked version that will work on T-Mobile's network however (except this model DOESN'T include LTE band 12 I believe, which T-Mobile uses).  So it won't fully support all T-Mobile's network, but will still work on it.

Incidentally, the version of the new Moto X that supports Sprint Spark LTE ALSO supports T-Mobile band 12 LTE, and this model is currently relegated to overseas use only.

I'd be down with signing a petition.  Let's start one up on Change.org or another online petition site.  Then we should go to ALL online forums and share the link for the petition to get as many people to vote for it as we can.

We need to get as many people to sign as well as email Sprint, and pressure them heavily by continuing to harp on them to get off their duff and offer this device.  I'm sick and tired of my GS4 and I NEED a new phone like yesterday, and there honestly aren't any other devices right now I'm interested in.  The only thing keeping me with Sprint right now is the $25/mo I pay under my Framily plan.  And even that won't keep me here much longer if the end of the year comes and goes with Sprint STILL not offering the new Moto X.

Lastly, while I appreciate the fact that social care and other Sprint reps say they are passing on our feedback, there still is no indication that it's doing anything other than falling on deaf and/or incompetent ears in the form of their superiors.  By all indications, the superiors that reps forward our concerns to are simply taking all the complaints from people and immediately filing them in the recycle bin.  It's been over a month since the device was announced and there still isn't even an official announcement from Sprint about whether they will or will not carry it at some point.  I have little to no faith that they will actually do anything anytime soon, much less before the end of the year.  And if that's the case, I'm almost certain to leave.

Journeyman

You got the info right, officially T-mobile does not offer it but it does support service. On the other hand, Best buy offering the Moto X for a dollar with 2 year agreement... Very tempting....

Master

salvalo_22, Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I would love to help. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Anyone interested in the Moto X should sign below and share with customers what want the Moto X on Sprint

https://www.change.org/p/sprint-offer-the-new-moto-x-on-the-now-network

Master

salvalo_22,
Thanks for posting. Please let me know if there is anything you need assistance with. I'm here to help. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat