Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Moto X 2014

Journeyman

New Moto X 2014

Why is Sprint not carrying the NEW Moto X? Come on Sprint. Don't drop the ball on this one. Some of the reviews are calling this the 'best Android smart phone ever', AND the other big 3 carriers are going to have it.

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

I too have been a customer of Sprint for 15 years but will absolutely switch carriers in order to purchase this device. 

Journeyman

Face it Sprint, you sold your soul to Apple...you have no interest in offering other great phones (hence the special iphone 6 special pricing) and will be losing more customers because of this tactic. No Moto X, no Windows phones (not even HTC M8 version), but plenty of Apple iphones, or Samsung or LG Android phones.

Prove me wrong.  I'll be leaving in early November because you offer me no good phone options.

Master

gaurand,

This is certainly not how I want you to feel. I will certainly pass your valuable thoughts and words along. Please let me know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint,

While I am certainly a little bummed out that you are not carrying the new Moto X, I just want you to know that my loyalty has not faltered and I will continue to be a loyal customer, despite the company's decision not to carry it.  I understand that not every carrier is going to carry every phone that comes to market.  You probably have your reasons. 

I appreciate the value and options that you bring to the wireless market, and will continue to be a customer for the indeterminate future, so long as your plans remain fair and competitive and you offer a reasonable variety of devices available. 

To base a decision to leave a carrier solely on their decision to not carry one phone is petty.  The "New" Moto X will not be "New" forever, and will be outdated in a year or so.  I'm sure there will be other phones to fill the void until then.

Master

Kevin84057,
I truly appreciate you taking the time out to post this. I can understand liking a device but it not being available. I am truly happy with your perspective and outlook. Hopefully a device is available on the network that suits your needs until that perfect device is available on our network. Thank you again for posting. You are definitely a valued, loyal customer.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I disagree. Sprint carried the original Moto.  If you were a new customer coming to Sprint because of Moto, or an existing customer wanting to purchase Moto, AND liked these phones, then all these customers have gotten for giving Sprint their business is another option taken away from them, forcing them to switch to something else they don't necessarily want. That's just bad business and creates dissatisfaction. We all have our preferences, and product availability is a MAJOR point that gives customers satisfaction.  Maybe YOU are happy with whatever is on the shelf, but I don't think that's the case for the majority of people. Sprint has reduced their Windows or Android offerings but pushed the heck out of iPhone deals because they think they can move people over to an iPhone. They used to offer a wider variety of Windows and Android phones, oftentimes being at the forefront of new product releases. Not anymore. ATT, Verizon and TMobile all are offering more new product while Sprint keeps pushing iPhone. But now they've risked many unhappy customers because of this "bait and switch" narrow product offering model.

Journeyman

I don't think there is any bait and switch.  I've never seen Sprint advertise a phone as going to be available, and then pull it.  If they say they are getting a phone, they get it.  That's not bait and switch. 

An assumption was made by many that Sprint would get the New Moto X.  Even I figured they would get it, and was disappointed they did not.  But like I said, no one carrier will get every phone that comes to market.  As for the iPhone, there are only two models of iPhone (as of this year), manufactured by one company, with one OS.  Each year, there is one iPhone to choose from.  So it's easy for Sprint (and everyone else) to make it available.

But when there are literally over a dozen new Android phones released every year to market, ranging the gamut from basic to premium, you can't expect Sprint to get them all.  You can't expect any carrier to get them all.  There are plenty of other premium devices like the S5, Note 4, and LG G3.  They will also be getting the Nexus 6, which is just a slightly larger, better quality Moto X.

Journeyman

I don't think you understand, or wish to. If Sprint offers the original Moto, and people buy into it, like it, and then Sprint doesn't offer the newer versions, that IS bait-and-switch. The customer is now forced to buy something else next time, even though they want or prefer a Moto.  That's not good business.

An S5, G3, Note 4 or Nexus 6? Really? Just bigger, and  biggest? And if they are offering the Nexus 6, why NOT the Moto? It's the same manufacturer.

Sprint committed to selling iPhones, and has a quota to move.  Given their smaller customer base, they are pushing harder on iPhones, even limiting other offerings. Every time I log on to Sprint, I get hit with iPhone for Life garbage. Nothing else. Ever. Haven't you noticed?

Have you ever looked for Windows phone offerings? There are NONE, except one old outdated Samsung offering.  No Lumias anywhere. Not even the HTC M8 for Windows version is offered, even though Sprint offers the the HTC M8 Android.  Many Windows users are peeved because of the lack of newer versions, and lack of choice..

There is NO choice anymore. Sprint's offering are sorely lacking compared to anyone else. I don't understand why you don't think it's important to have a good choice. However, do you go looking for just ANY PC, tablet, refrigerator, or automobile or do you shop around because of your preferences? Customers have product preferences, and won't just accept anything else, especially as something so close to them as their phone.

Journeyman

I do understand.  It appears you don't understand what "Bait and Switch" actually is.  The term describes the practice of advertising a product, which is not available or extremely limited availability (the bait) and then attempting to sell an inferior and/or more expensive product in lieu of the advertised product (the switch).

Sprint has done neither.  Simply because they sold one phone, does not mean they are obligated to sell a newer version.  They never advertised it.  They never said they were getting it.  You made an assumption that they would sell it.  But instead they chose not to carry it, for any number of reasons neither of us are privileged to know.  It happens all the time in any retail or sales industry.  And it's not always the seller who dictates where it gets sold.  Have you ever thought that maybe Motorola / Lenovo decided not to sell it to Sprint?  I know Motorola manufactures the Nexus 6, but they build it for Google.  It is Google's phone to sell so they are the ones deciding who they will let sell it. Maybe there is a technical incompatibility.  Or an alternative theory is that Sprint didn't see the value in carrying the Nexus 6 and Moto X because they carry so many similarities.  They are smaller than Verizon and AT&T, and have to be a little more selective of the phones they choose the carry and market. 

Yes, I have noticed the push for the iPhone.  But remember, the iPhone is simple.  It's easy to push two devices (which is really more like 1 and half, since size is the only difference between the two).  And the iPhone is still new.  The novelty will wear off.  It always does as the other manufacturers introduce their new devices.  Don't fret; it will pass.

According to the Windows Phone store on Microsoft's web-site, there are two Windows phones available through Sprint (though Sprint only lists one, the Ativ S, the other being the HTC 8 XT).  Guess how many Verizon has?  Two.  Guess how many carriers offer the M8 WP Edition?  One, a Verizon exclusive.  AT&T has the most WP options available, and T-Mobile only sells one (plus a refurbished model).

There is choice.  There is plenty of choice.  But just because the choice you want isn't one of them, doesn't mean there isn't any at all.   The entitled attitude of this generation needs to be addressed and toned down a bit.  Instead of complaining about what you don't have, be grateful for what you do.  But your welcome to be mad about it if you choose.  But try not to infect others with your anger.  As for where I shop and what I look for, I do shop around.  And I weigh my options.  But customer service is as important as the product.  I value the importance of supporting businesses that provide good customer service.  While shopping for a laptop a few weeks ago, I found the perfect computer.  It had, literally, everything I was looking for . FHD display, solid state hard drive 4th Gen i7, 16GB of RAM, fingerprint reader, back-lit keyboard, SD card reader, a form factor consistent with my intended use and a few others.  And unfortunately it was sold by a company that I don't respect, for a price that was unreasonable.  So I went to a business that has proven to have an excellent track record for support and service and purchased a laptop for a better price.  Though it lacked one or two features that would have been nice, I decided that there were things that were more essential than others, including customer service.  Am I mad about it?  Am I complaining because I couldn't get exactly what I wanted?  Nope.  I'm grateful for what I have, the experience I had with the business, and am thoroughly enjoying my new laptop.

I guess what is really frustrating is seeing so many people spewing anger and frustration.  Why can't we spread as much good as we are spreading bad?  Instead of getting on message boards and complaining, how about we get on them and compliment?  How about we say positive things that build others up instead of always being so mad all the time.  I just don't get it.

Oh well.  I've spent more time discussing this than I should.  I hope those who threatened to leave Sprint due to a decision to not carry a phone are happy with their new carriers and Moto Xs.  Best of luck to you all. 

Journeyman

Wow....now we have Sprint employees posing as "satisfied customers", just like Sprint's Facebook page.

Journeyman

And you've just proven my point; someone says something positive so it can't be true.  It must be an employee posing as a customer.  Because NO ONE likes Sprint, right?  Is it impossible to believe that I'm just a satisfied customer?  Why is it so hard to accept that?  Not everyone is angry all the time, and not everyone hates Sprint.  But if you do, then go find a carrier that you can be more satisfied with.  Not that it will convince you anyway, but I don't work for Sprint.  I did work for a retailer that sold Sprint devices from 1999 to 2002.  Since 2003 I have worked for my local government. 

Journeyman

Yes, it is impossible.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat