New Moto X

Journeyman

New Moto X

Is sprint getting the new Moto X?

53 REPLIES 53
Master

Re: New Moto X

coolsingh510,

Thank you for your inquiry. All device related announcements can be found at our newsroom www.sprint.com/newsroom.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just read an article stating no.

Journeyman

Come on Sprint get your act together. MOTOROLA announced the new moto x isnt going to sprint why cant you guys have a real response aside from referring people to a place that has no mention of moto x??? I have original moto x and can assure you if Sprint does not announce the addition of the New Moto X very soon I will be dropping Sprint and switching carriers. Not adding new flagship phone is a quick way to lose customers. I am sure I am not alone in this.

Journeyman

Is there any way...other than leaving Sprint...to encourage Sprint to get the Moto X 2014?  This will be the most popular Android phone for at least 6 months.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!

I hope you don't lose too many customers before you figure this out.

Would it help if we all sent an email to the CEO?

Journeyman

You all think Sprint doesn't want to carry any phone that people will buy? I'm sure Motorola looked at how many original Moto X's Sprint sold, which was very low.... and figured it wasn't worth it to put the nessecary equipment in the phone to use Sprint Spark. Seeing as how it's only available on ATT and T-Mobile at launch proves this theory.

Journeyman

Based on my research the new Moto X is clearly capable of Sprint's Spark network (model XT1092) (FCC id IHDT56QA3) has the proper radios for LTE bands 25/26/41 (Spark). According to Punit Soni (VP of Product development at motorola) he pretty much confirmed on google+ it was Sprint who decided not to carry the new Moto X.  T-Mobile does not carry the new Moto X either but you can buy the "Pure Edition" (XT1095) unlocked directly from motorola and connect it to AT&T or T-Mobile.

Master

PRODEQ12 -Thank you for posting. We're here to help. -RamiroSprint Social Care
Journeyman

My family's contract is up soon.  Sprint not having the new Moto X could very well cause us to switch carriers.  I am sure we are not the only ones.  What is the problem Sprint.  Get your act together.  This is very short sighted.  At least explain why. Motorola has indicated it was not because they didn't want it out for Sprint.  Also I think it is ironic when SprintCare sends a message with no information or refers to sprint no news and says "We're here to help".

Journeyman

I am going to leave Sprint after 12 years as a loyal customer if they don't offer the new Moto X and Moto Hint device....

Highlighted
Master

David123abc, We'd hate to lose you. Keep up to date with new devices and accessories being released in newsroom.sprint.com Happy Connecting! - Andrea
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too have been waiting for months for this phone to be release and it is very sad to hear that Sprint is the only major carrier that can't use this phone.  AT&T has it.  Verizon will be releasing it at the end of Sept. T-Mobile can use unlocked version.  Sprint customers can't use it at all!!

Please share with the powers at Sprint that their customers want the new Moto X. This is likely the best android phone for the rest of 2014 that isn't a phablet. I don't think the rumored nexus 6 (or nexus x) will be better than this phone.

Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat