cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call quality

Journeyman

Phone call quality

Anyone else having issues with call quality on the Moto X?  I constantly get complaints from the callers on the other side that they cannot hear me.

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: Phone call quality

ADS20010

Oh No! Give us the chance to check the area. Can I have the nearby cross streets and zip code to check the area? How long has this issue been going on?

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It is happening in multiple locations.  In particular at 14th and South Carolina Ave SE, Washington DC 20003.

Master

ADS20010,

I do see an outage in the area, but this is only in a single location near the previously mentioned cross streets. How long have you been experiencing the issue?

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

At least a week for this issue.

Master

ADS20010 - My apologies for the experience. The issue has been reported and will be fixed shortly. By any chance, have you tried any troubleshooting steps? - Tiffani
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Hello, I had the same issue with my Moto X. In my case I live in an area with no signal so I have to resort to Sprint wifi. Do you use any other calling app? Since I have the calling app that came with the phone and Google Hangouts dialer I had this issue. Some of the calling apps cause this problem. they are one way apps.this means you can call out but if you get a call the sound is dirty and broken. In my case I did a partition wipe and a good cache clean and this helped. Also did you recently update the OS? This can cause this issue too. Is your Moto X 1st or 2nd generation? I would like to help. If Sprint issues a fix the please understand that it could come in a week or months!!! I fixed my phone by myself and now it works flawlessly! I just want to help.

Journeyman

Hmm, probably not the same issue because I am in a service area and this is with the standard phone feature.  The problem is even worse when I call into teleconferences on Free Conference Call -- nobody can hear me at all instead of just being poor, choppy sound quality.  That has been going on for months.

I have a first generation Moto X running Android 4.4.4.

Wizard

When you are using the teleconference do you use an app for that? If so then perhaps the app is not correctly connecting to the other callers. If you are calling in to a call center for conferences then perhaps they are the problem and it's not your phone. Also do they have tech support? It seems either way that your connection is not correct and must be reset. Did you originally have to sign up for this service and the set it up? I am pretty sure that the connection between the conference system and your phone is not set up correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not using an app.  Just the standard calling feature.  It is not the service, it is my phone because it does not affect anyone else.

Journeyman

You mean the "confirm you are connected to the network" and "soft restart" troubleshooting tips?  Yes, I have done those... multiple times. 

Wizard

I wasn't aware that a Moto X could do that. Can you tell me howto set that up so I could test that? I have experienced a similar issue. A phone is audio based. I like to watch videos on my phone. Youtube works great but if I try other sites the the volume varies from very loud to almost can't hear it. In this case I know it's not the phone but the app. Do you have any issues in regular calls? Go into settings sound volumes. There are three different sound settings as well as an equalizer. Make sure they are all full volume?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat