Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Republic Wireless Moto X Gen 2 on Sprint?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Republic Wireless Moto X Gen 2 on Sprint?

I see that Republic Wirelss, a Sprint MNVO, is getting the 2014 version of the Moto X; so although Sprint refused a version of this phone from Motorola, there apparently IS a version of this phone that will work on Sprint's CDMA and LTE networks.  So here is a question I'm sure all of us that have stuck with Sprint for over a decade, and love our Moto X Gen 1's; will Sprint activate RW's Moto X's?

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Republic Wireless Moto X Gen 2 on Sprint?

buyhevs,
At this time there is no information regarding any activation of this device. Please see the device manufacturer for any news updates for this device.
- Wendy
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

buyhevs,
At this time there is no information regarding any activation of this device. Please see the device manufacturer for any news updates for this device.
- Wendy
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for not answering the question. Can you ask the 'higher ups' and get back to us?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Matthew, This is a good question, according to  the specs of the Moto X on Wireless Republic,  it only works with WR, but since WR is a MNVO I wonder if Sprint has whitelisted these phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It wouldn't surprise me if Sprint has these phones "blacklisted" and thus won't activate or even recognize them for Sprint customers.

To the point earlier, the fact that RW offers this device (and uses Sprint's network) and Sprint still REFUSES to carry this device clearly indicate the problem is with Sprint.  Throw in the Black Friday deals on the 2014 X on other carriers and it only exasperates the problem.

Throw into the equation Sprint no longer offering the $25/mo Framily plan and that just about eliminates any and all reasons to join Sprint.  The only reason I'm staying at the moment is because I'm still on the $25/mo Framily plan, but if Sprint ever tries to force me onto another plan or we lose enough people where the price goes up, then it will be time to switch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know what is wrong with Sprint but I am very unhappy with them for not carrying the Moto X

I'm getting the off contract version of the Moto X for $359 Cyber Deal today, this is my only option, the Nexus 6 is a beautiful device but its huge for my pocket.

Im sad to leave Sprint, but I really want the New Moto X

Highlighted
Master

salvalo_22 - We would hate to see you go! Please stay posted at Sprint.com/newsroom for launch and release information. We appreciate your patience. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry Sprint, got my discount code for my New Moto X.

Screenshot_2014-12-03-07-16-15.png

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat