cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I even bother? Moto X Gen 3 in Sprint?

Journeyman

Should I even bother? Moto X Gen 3 in Sprint?

I'll just leave this here. I'm a frustrated non upgraded moto x gen 1 owner with hopes in Sprint. Yeah, I feel all your pains.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Should I even bother? Moto X Gen 3 in Sprint?

Hello Ciscodom, please see the petition Sprint users have created to bring the Moto X to Sprint. Please sign, share and twit to get more signatures as possible. [inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

[inappropriate link removed]

New motox compatible with all US carriers. Read the link!

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Wizard

[inappropriate link removed]

From what I'm reading, the 2015 Moto X will NOT be available from ANY carrier. You will have to buy it from Motorola directly.  Unfortunately, Sprint's record of dealing with devices like these are not the best. Hopefully, they will learn to do better.

Journeyman

To all, the phone will be available thru motorola and can be activated in any carrier by just swapping the sim card. it might require a few extra steps on Sprint and/or Verizon but this is better than having Sprint not support the phone. So be happy that if you are with Sprint and no longer like their service, you are free to move to a different carrier.

Wizard

Moderator:

There's was nothing malicious in that link. Neither was it rude or insulting to Sprint. It's just a story on the Internet about this subject. If you didn't like my comments on activation, I'm sorry but you do have a poor history of that. I'm really hoping that you can improve with this in the future. Especially, if this is successful, more manufacturers might be trying it. You also might want to have this information in your system so that other reps so that you know to answer future questions. I know that you get a lot of grief for not having the 2014 Moto X, and I would think it would be helpful to tell you can still stay on Sprint and get this phone.

Journeyman

If i can purchase a Motox Pure from Moto maker and get it to work on Sprint my day would be made, Its really my only reason for staying on Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone is out in September, and available from amazon, best buy and motorola.com Can't wait, I want it know haha I just got a new Moto X 2013 for now to replace my old Moto X 2013. Love it.

Journeyman

So hard to get Sprint to answer if they will support. Finally called made my way up and was confirmed. If MotoX 2015 works on 4G/LTE they will support. So as the specs say it will be, WE GOLDEN!

Journeyman

Per Motorola Specs

Moto X Style Bands

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)

CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz)

4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41)

The bands in bold are compatible with Sprint

Wizard

Motorola has stated that it's compatible with all US carriers.

Journeyman

Leaked info from s4gru.com > Motorola > Moto X 2015

.Moto X Pure Edition - All Dealers

Sprint has received several questions around the newly announced Motorola Moto X Pure Edition. This is a new flagship device from Motorola launching in the US in Fall and the 3rd iteration of the Moto X Series

•     This device will be very different than any Moto device in the past in that the Pure Edition will be domestic SIM unlocked and able to be activated on any US carrier including Sprint as long as it has a compatible Sprint SIM

• The device will be ONLY be direct sold on motorola.com and will not be inventoried, marketed and commercialized by Sprint.

• This follows along the same process for Apple sold " Apple SIM" Models or the Google Nexus models purchased from the Google Play Store.

• If a customer asks about this device

• Let them know Sprint is an activation partner for the new Moto X Pure Edition. this device is not currently planned to be sold in our retail channels but activation will be provided through Customer Care and Sprint Retail Stores. More information will be provided closer to device availability.

• Direct them to www.motorola.com for device details and availability.

Source [inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat