cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since update my phone is not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since update my phone is not working

Since the update lastnight my phone hasn't been working right. I can't send text, my internet keeps dropping out, I tried to do a reboot, internet is working better but still can't send text or receive them.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Since update my phone is not working

I have same issues. I tried many of the other fixes listed in another thread, but nothing has fixed the email and texting problem.

Journeyman

There's a known issue if you use Hangouts as your SMS (text messaging) app.  I had this issue on Wednesday when I received the upgrade.  To fix it, I reset Chrome to my default browser and set the stock messaging app to be my SMS app.  After several phone restarts, it started working again.

Journeyman

No luck. Ugh, frustrated.

GrandMaster

calls are working fine though? also try a different texting app just in case its the app itself not wanting to work right after the update..if the new app doesnt work junk it and back to square one..if it does work then you just figured out the cause and the work around lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have since discovered my phone has way more issues than the text, camera is just black when I try to use it, keyboard taking s a few seconds to respond, launcher is not launching, screen freezes at random times, apps are not on my screen when I unlock it, have to restart my phone to get them back. I don't know what happen, I tried a few things I read on other feeds, but haven't tried a factory reset yet?

GrandMaster

odds are that is what will be your last resort. just make sure to back everything up prior to doing this so you dont lose anything. most manufacturers have a easier way to back everything up and have it all put back how it was before. not sure what motorola has in place though so you might want to google it or ask a repair store

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi guys, I had some issues last night with texts, etc. and finally decided to upgrade to Lollipop to see if that was the issue. Sadly, it dropped my phone into almost-brick status like lots of you: no ability to send texts, not connecting to network, issues with wifi and bluetooth, basically super frustrating. But there is hope! I stumbled upon this post by user SamK21 and managed to get it working just fine again! Back on network, LTE working, texts coming and going! Phew!

Here's what I did after the update to find success:

1) Cleared cache partition (instructions are here: http://allaboutmotog.com/how-to-clear-cache-partition-on-moto-g-and-moto-x-after-android-lollipop-up...)

In case Sprint blocks the copy/pasted link, here it is as well in hyperlink form.

2) Went to bed and let the phone do it’s background work overnight

3) Woke up with a phone that wouldn’t connect to the Sprint network still, so when I stumbled upon SamK21’s post, I did what they suggested and started working properly! Try this from the phone dialer screen. And no, you won't lose anything when this resets.

Dialed ##72786#  Will reset your Mobile Data Settings

Rebooted with Wifi and Bluetooth OFF - Caused an Activation and Profile Update

After doing this, my phone rebooted, connected to the network (first at 3G because of my crappy office coverage) and text and other functions resumed normal activity. I turned wifi and bluetooth back on without any issue.

I was so relieved to find this solution, so thanks to SamK21! Hope it works for you guys. I love my Moto X but didn’t want the new phablet one so I’m happy to get it working again!

S.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat