cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: OK Blue Now! My Moto X Touchless Control

Sprint Product Ambassador

Touchless Control.png

One of the great features of the Motorola Moto X is Touchless Control. Touchless Control allows me to awaken my Moto X phone to make calls, play music among other things through voice commands without a need to touch my phone.

Screenshot_2013-10-18-17-15-17.png

I re-trained my Moto X to OK Blue Now! I have had others try and wake it and provide commands with no success after I trained it to my voice. The first part though is training Moto X Touchless Control to my voice. I can always retrain my Moto X Touchless Control by going to Settings> Touchless Control> Train Launch Phrase.

Now, the directions want me to say "OK Google Now", although there is a way to train the Moto X Touchless Control with other phrases or name in place of Google. My Moto X is trained with "OK Blue Now" and helps me personalize my phone a little more in making it all about Blue.

GNow.jpg

Training Touchless Control requires repeating the same phrase 3 times with the phone held out away from you. If I said it to loud or did not like the phrase being used, I would have to repeat it until the phrase is excepted 3 times. Once training has been completed, I received a prompt to try it out.

Here are 3 different commands I tried while the phone was in sleep mode with the screen black:

OK Blue Now - What the weather in Oklahoma

Weather.png

OK Blue Now set my alarm clock for Saturday 8 night

Alarm.jpg

OK Blue Now navigate to Great Wold Lodge in Grapevine Texas

Nav.jpg

Each time I provided a command, my Moto X woke up and followed the command given. I have made phone calls this way while driving with my Moto X Bluetooth connected in my truck providing hands free dialing while driving!

Motorola has a list of commands on their website listed here. There are tips and more information on Touchless Control on their website.

• What questions do you have about Moto X Touchless Control?
  • What phrase did you train your Moto X Touchless Control with?
  • What would you like to see in a future Moto X Product Ambassador blog?

Thanks,

Blue

Your Product Ambassador Team

Follow me as I create more blogs for our Sprint Product Ambassador team on the Motorola Moto X.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.