cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update?

Journeyman

Update?

Sprint are you planning to roll out an update for the first gen moto x anytime this century or do you just like making customers frustrated?

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Update?

Yeah Sprint, is this happening or not?  Its been months and months and months and months already.  Dammit Sprint.

Journeyman

It's not an iPhone of galaxy so Sprint doesn't care about customer service.

Journeyman

Has anyone noticed that the check for update system on the moto x is not working?

Journeyman

Wow were almost at release date for android 6 and still no update to 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would twit to @marceloclaure or @sprint to see what is their answer to it. The Moto X 2015 is for pre-order now most users are likely to upgrade pretty soon.

Journeyman

Few updates from David Schuster posted on 9/03/15, is there hope for the Sprint Moto X??

Another update on new releases:

- We started full deployment of Moto G (1st Gen) Lollipop 5.1 upgrade with Stagefright fixes for Brazil Retail

- We started full deployment of Moto E (1st Gen) releases with the Stagefright fixes for Brazil, India and US Retail

- We started soak test on 5.1 Lollipop upgrade with the Stagefright fix for Moto G (1st Gen)  for India retail

- We started soak test on Stagefright fix releases for Moto G w/ 4G LTE (1st Gen), Moto X (1st Gen) and Moto X (2nd Gen) for Brazil retail

Journeyman

Sprint should be embarrassed...according to the Motorola site, EVERY OTHER CARRIER (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile) released the Lollipop for the 1st Gen Moto X months ago.  Dammit Sprint, get with the program already!

Check out the link here to see who's released Lollipop: [third-party link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Journeyman

Yep...the worst. Nexus 5x and project fi here I come. It uses sprint network plus tmo, so finally I should get the network speed my friends on tmo get that I don't on sprint, but I'll still have some coverage from sprint towers if I need it. Oh, and with my <1G/mo data usage, my bills will be drastically lower even though I'm on the much coveted SERO plan. Customer for almost 10 years...and thrilled to be escaping.

GrandMaster

keep in mind that Motorola isnt exactly the quickest when it comes to pushing updates..kind of the reason they are in last place on a list of manufacturers. if they were actually quick dont you guys/gals think you would have had the stagefright update by now? which comes directly from Motorola in this case.

for example look at the photons..heck one of them only received one large update in its life time..one..and that one borked up that phone like a mofo and was never fixed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have no idea about their old lineage phones, but Motorola clearly got religion on pushing updates after their purchase by google and subsequent Moto X releases. Even after the sale to Lenovo, they seem to be keeping up pretty well as the 2nd gen Moto X got one of the earliest Lollipop updates. They were open about having problems with the original Moto X because of it's custom chipset arrangement having to do with the "low power always on" sensors it employed as a landmark feature. Motorola has long since announced lollipop support on all Moto X subject to carrier participation. As the poster above mentioned, after the release for the unlocked moto x 2013 all of the other major carrier have worked with and produced updates for their branded moto X 2013 phones. Meanwhile Sprint will not even do us a solid and acknowledge whether or not they're going to make the effort, so I don't find any defense for their position.

GrandMaster

*shrug* again you guys havent even received the stagefright update..that alone comes directly from the manufacturer and wasnt just a small security patch...that alone should tell you quiet a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat