cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Moto X 2014?

Journeyman

Why no Moto X 2014?

I am a long time Sprint customer with a question. Do you listen to your customers or just do what you want? There clearly is a great deal of customer interest in the new Moto X. Rather than pointing to a newsroom that makes no mention of the new Moto X, please provide the reasons Sprint is not going to carry this device. With that answer in hand, then I can determine whether or not I will be longer time Sprint customer or forge on to a company that carries the device I want.

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Why no Moto X 2014?

ThomaParker - Thank you for reaching out to us. We value all of our customers questions, concerns, and suggestions. As your interest is in consideration, currently, there are no new information on whether the Moto X will be carried or not. The newsroom is the first to know about any new updates on phone line launches, release dates, premium services, etc. We value your business and loyalty here with Sprint. We'd definitely hate to see you go. Please believe if we had more information about the release of this device that we'd share it with you all. You all are family to us. I hope this helps. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there anyone we (customers) can contact regarding phone availability in the form of a petition? Perhaps we should contact Motorola in concern with this issue? There are many of us desparately wanting the 2nd Gen Moto X, and the balance buyout is starting to look pretty good to a lot of us.

I want to stay with Sprint badly, and will take every step necessary to stay with the company and get the handset that myself and many others desire. But if left with no other choice, many of us will leave. Please help!

Journeyman

Hey Thomas, please look at my post in another thread in regards with the Moto X

salvalo_22 Oct 10, 2014 10:17 AM (in response to TKTewell) As of now, it seems that Sprint decided not to offer the Moto X due to the similarities on the new Nexus 6 soon to be out. So 2 phones with same design and maybe same specs is not a good option for Sprint. This is what I believe happened. But we will see, Im already due for an upgrade,still hoping  for the new moto x to land on sprint.

After the release of the Moto Nexus 6 a few hours ago, seems like my theory above was correct. But definitely would be great for Sprint Customers to offer the Moto X as an alternative since a  device went thru the FCC with Sprint bands 25, 25 and 41 for LTE.

Master

SigTautMatt,

Thank you for voicing your concerns. I understand your sentiments and, if an agreement is ever reached, we will have it on sprint.com/newsroom. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

- Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

SigTauMatt & everyone else,

Please send an email to marcelo.claure@sprint.com.  I've sent 3 respectful emails on this topic, included my cell phone, and received a call each time from the "Executive Response Team"...then I gave them an earful.

Now, I don't really believe that the CEO reads those emails...but these guys seem to be a little closer to the decision makers.

Update us on your experience!

Journeyman

GKBULS1, did they provide any useful information about this matter or simply to refer back to the Newsroom website with no help at all?

Journeyman

I don't get the whole theory behind the Moto X 2014 and the Nexus 6 being close to the same and that is why they are not carrying it, the iPhone6 and 6 Plus are the same phone except for the screen size, the same thing could be said about the Nexus 6 and the Moto X.  Seems like Sprint has sold it's soul to the devil, Cough! Apple, and not willing to offer what might be the best Android phone on the market.  It's a real shame that Sprint is going to be the ONLY carrier not to have this phone, TERRIBLE!!

Master

Uncw0023- Thank you for posting. Please let me know if you need assistance. - Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Exactly! The Nexus 6 would be interesting to me if it were a phone... but it's not a phone, it's a phablet, and there's a huge difference between the two. If a carrier announced that they would carry the iPhone 6 Plus but not the iPhone 6 because they were "too similar," everyone would think it was ludicrous. I'd even be ok with the decision if Sprint continued to carry and support the Nexus 5 (seems like Google has chosen to do this as it remains available on the Play Store), but they already end-of-life'd it. I just want a phone-sized phone (i.e. NOT 6 inches) with a pure Android experience, which I think is the case for everyone who's been here asking insistently for the new Moto X. Sprint doesn't offer anything like that, nor does it appear to have anything like that in the pipeline, and that makes it really tough to justify staying.

Journeyman

I do not know what the real reason is but right now im just interested in having the New Moto X on Sprint! I been contemplating going to T-mobile and getting the Moto X.. Looked at Verizon but definitely they are out of the picture due to price.

Master

salvalo_22,

Thanks for reaching out. For more information on new releases follow this link. www.sprint.com/newsroom .

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat