cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be forced to take Lollipop update?

Journeyman

Will I be forced to take Lollipop update?

I've been holding off the accepting, now installing, the last Kit Kat update (212.144.2.en.US: the one that fixes a bug the sometimes inhibit making emergency calls when the screen is locked); as I'm afraid my Moto X 2013 will start prompting to accept the Lollipop, which based upon what I've read about here I don't want.  Was this update voluntarily; i.e., did you have to ask the phone to look for Motorola software updates?

Thanks in advance.  Still love this phone (picked up a new one a few weeks back)

Matthew

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Will I be forced to take Lollipop update?

No, ultimately, its up to you to press the OK button to install. However, you will be badgered about it constantly, but you can choose to ignore it if you don;t want to upgrade just yet or never.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat