ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen phone work on Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen phone work on Sprint?

Hello,

According to the Motorola website, the US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen model is compatible with the Sprint wireless bands (GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1800, 1900, 2100 MHz); CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz); 4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 26, 26, 41). Will an unlocked US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen phone work on Sprint? I am seriously considering leaving Sprint for TMobile just so I can get this phone. Getting the US Cellular phone to use on the Sprint network is my last ditch effort to stay with Sprint after being with you for over 15 years.

Link to motorola website:My Moto X design

19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: Will US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen phone work on Sprint?

RORTIZ06,

Thank you for your loyalty throughout the years. You are truly appreciated. We understand that you are interested in finding out if an unlocked Moto X is able to be activated on Sprint's network. We will be more than happy to look into this for you. Please use this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send a private message and follow the instructions. Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you.

Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good catch. I really hope that this model can be activated on the Sprint Network because I am too thinking of leaving to T-mobile in order to get this phone. Been with Sprint for 9 years.

Please let us know the answer for Sprint Care if its possible to activate or not.

In the meantime please sign and share the petition below!

https://www.change.org/p/sprint-offer-the-new-moto-x-on-the-now-network

Journeyman

This is their response: "There is a possibility that it may or may not function well on our network, we can try". I'm having trouble getting my hands on a US Cellular Moto X because I don't live in an area they service. There is no option left for me but to switch carriers.

BTW I signed the petition you started a few weeks back.

Journeyman

Thanks for posting Sprints response.

According to the specs, it is compatible with Sprint 3G CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz) and LTE bands ( 25, 26, 41)

If you ever get a hold of US Cellular Moto X you will need to call Sprint and have them add the phone IMEI to Sprint's white list database in order to activate.  Probably you heard all issues customers are having when trying to activate Nexus 6 phones bought directly from motorola.com. If you get one let me know where, I would like to try and activate mine too with Sprint.

Check swappa.com and look for the Moto X (US Cellular) Seems like it hasn't been added to the list  yet but hopefully soon.

and thanks for signing! Hope it makes a difference. Don't forget to share, twit and post in social medias in order to get more signatures.

Master

salvalo_22,

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just noticed  the specs on the Moto X website model XT1093 have been updated.

USC (XT1093):

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1800, 1900, 2100 MHz)

CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz)

4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 25)

Still compatible with LTE Band 25

Also noticed that the Pure Edition is now compatible with the same bands as the ATT model,  Moto confirmed that they would add more bands compatibility with a OTA later in the year.

Master

salvalo_22,

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

:

Do you have a definite answer as to whether the 2nd generation Moto X (2014) will be activated on Sprint? They are compatible with your network, I just need to know if you'll activate them. Motorola has a good sale going today and I'd like to get one.

Master

BeemerRider007 - We cannot guarantee that they will work properly with our network, since they are not Sprint branded. Unfortunately, there isn't a definite yes or no to your question. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

BeemerRider007 wrote:

Do you have a definite answer as to whether the 2nd generation Moto X (2014) will be activated on Sprint? They are compatible with your network, I just need to know if you'll activate them.

In order to activate another phone with Sprint, the MEI has to be whitelisted on Sprints database, but this will be a tough was since it is not a Sprint Device.

Journeyman

I will be receiving a US Cellular Moto X 2nd Gen next week (I manage a US Cellular store and won one) so I will try to activate with my Sprint account and report back on what happens. I really hope this works....

On a side note....it's very sad that US Cellular has a phone that Sprint doesn't....

Get it together Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat