cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck! (Lollipop update on Moto X XT1056)

Journeyman

Wish me luck! (Lollipop update on Moto X XT1056)

After reading about a lot of people having trouble with this update, I'm come up with a plan to upgrade from Kit-Kat (4.4.4) to Lollipop (5.1):

1) Factory reset to clean 4.4.4:  This will delete all of the non-Google (except for Sprint, grr) apps, thereby hopefully avoiding the "Optimizing Apps" problem people had

2) Update to 5.1

3) Factory reset (just in case)

4) Clear cache partition

5) Remove default guest account (I seem to remember some people had trouble with this)

6) Pray!

I'll let you know how it goes!  I just bought the phone in January (found a new one in box for $200!); as my old one's screen broke, and there's no way I want to buy a phablet (Moto X Pure); so it's still under warranty, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Matthew

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Wish me luck! (Lollipop update on Moto X XT1056)

IT WORKED!  And honestly, my Moto X 2013 is running GREAT with Lollipop.  THANK YOU (company formally called) Motorola!

GrandMaster

Re: Wish me luck! (Lollipop update on Moto X XT1056)

werent they sold to someone then sold to someone else recently?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat