cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X

0 Comments

This is the question that is said in my house atleast 3 times a day by the person who is related to me through marriage.

I even joke with her that this is the statement that will be inscribed on her headstone.

Motorola has heard the cries of my wife which th locate option on Google Now.

All you have to do is say "ok google,find my phone". The phone will send out a chime like that of a becon signal.

We tried this at my house, I hid the phone inside one of the couch cushions and when my wife uttered the statement phone alerted us giving her the location.

wheres-my-phone.jpg

So now I am out of the job of being the offical phone locator of the house. woooohoooo for me!!

So for those who have issues with losing your phone, you will love this feature.

Thanks

Stanny George

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

1 Comment

Have it your way, this is a slogan for Burger King that started in the 70's and lasted all the way up till the early 2000's.

People really like making things to fit their taste or personality, this isn’t limited to the Whopper (don’t tell my wife that I eat hamburgers).

Motorola has had their ear to the ground and has come up with this awesome option of customizing the device.

Most devices come in the standard black or white. Motorola has decided that they would like to paint outside the lines with this device.

moto-x-motomaker-design.png

The above listed picture was taken from Android Central, and the name of the color is "not a banana"

Do you want to customize your phone to look like a fruit or maybe your favorite football team which in my case would be the Buffalo Bills (no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills).

The different options are as follows;

You can choose from 18 different colors for the back of the phone, white or black for the front, and from seven different colors of anodized aluminum for the accents around the camera and the buttons.

There are also 20 different wallpapers to pick from in addition to the ones included on all Moto X phones, and you can even add a little message to the boot splash animation.

Here is a walkthrough done by Android Central.

So for those who are looking for a great and I mean great device with the most customizable options out there then this is the phone for you. After you get this phone you will begin to sing the McDonalds theme (bada pa pa pa, I’m loving it).

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

3 Comments

With the advent and announcement of KitKat these have become the questions for most android users, am I going to get it for my phone, and when will I get it for my phone.

The answers to that can be found at this link for a lot of People

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20645/20131104/android-4-kitkat-update-schedule-when-will.htm

Don’t want to wait for Kit Kat, want some of these cutting edge features right now?  Then look no Further than the Motorola Moto X.  Designed and assembled here in the US, that is a great selling point in and of itself.  Let’s look at a list of Features that come stock on the Moto X that are part of the Kit Kat build out.  Perhaps we are seeing a bit of a beta test in the Moto X.  Many of the announced features of KitKat can be found on the already availble Motorola Moto X.   So you can have some of Tomorrow Today.

Just say Okay Google – Moto X has this, Just okay Google Now, was enabled from Launch

Faster Multi-Tasking – Moto X has 8 Processors for incredible Multi Tasking Power

Your office Anywhere – Moto X already has Quick Office.

So you have all of these top flight features already, and wait there is more.

For the low low price, of doing a software update, you will have Kit Kat when it launches on the Moto X.  per my reference link above

Motorola didn't give a timeframe for the Android 4.4 KitKat update but confirmed that the Moto X and the new Droids would all certainly get the new OS update”

Jeremy the Product Ninja

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

2 Comments

bkg-story-one-r2.jpgThis phone just keeps getting better as the weeks go on.  Recently I received an email from Motorola explaining with your free 1 year warranty that includes accident protection from spills and drops!  That is amazing I know plenty of people that would want this and need this.  The extra feature which will find your phone, ring your phone and wipe you phone if you lose it.

"Moto Care Accident Protection, protects you from drops and spills for the first two years (up to three claims)* as well as extending your manufacturer's warranty for one year. To purchase, just sign in to Moto Care and select My Stuff > View My Stuff and select your Moto X. Feel free to chat us up for assistance!"

Protect Your Device, Find your device instantly when you've misplaced it. When you suspect the worst, lock and wipe your device remotely, and have it display a message asking for its safe return.”

lost.png

Thanks for reading have a good day!

For more content on the MotoX please visit

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/community/product-ambassadors/devices/android/motox

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

Motorola just keeps on getting better with customer experience. I was blown away to see an app that you can live chat with a Motorola representative to help you with an issue that you are experiencing. The app will also give you tips on how to use your Moto X to its full capabilities. I tested the app myself to see the functionality. I haven't had any issues at all with my Moto X. Below I have attached a screen shot. If you exit the app you will get a notification that the agent has responded too you. This is a first for a phone manufacturer to take customer service to an app that you can chat or call directly on the phone. This is really encouraging to see for customer that needs help with their device's, can get help as fast as possible in a convenient way. So if you need some tips or have an issue use the Moto Care app!

Screenshot_2013-11-07-20-38-54.png

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

2255-932a45bf_680_400.jpg

Oh Moto how I like thee, let me count the ways.

1. Hands free feature “ok google now” lets you give commands to your phone and it responds by performing the action.

2. The Moto Assist feature, not only for the driving option but for the sleep timer as well.

a. Isn’t it annoying to get incoming notifications (email, text, facebook updates) when you’re sleeping, well with the assist feature your phone knows not to disturb you during a set time which you can set.

b. The phone can dictate your text’s to you, its integrated with the phone and works very smooth.

3. The phones battery life is great, I use the phone at work to listen to music, and play games in addition to the normal activities of talking and texting. The phone still has juice in it at the end of the day even without me charging it at work.

4. The overall feel of this phone gives you a sense of high quality. The phone feels small, yet it has a 4.7” display which saves space in my pocket.

And the Moto X is getting Kit Kat android 4.4 cant wait for that! it just keeps getting better!

Moto X

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

Screenshot_2013-09-30-21-05-59.png

1 Comment

Capture.PNG

Motorola announced a quiet little update for their camera. It may seem boring and minor but this is a huge direction change from what we are use too. In the past camera bugs had to be fixed in an "Over The Air" update. This takes time for Sprint to approve the new software build from manufactures. Well now that Motorola has released their camera app to the Google Play market if they need to fix or enhance anything, it will be updated via the app market. This is much faster and convenient for all parties. This isn't shocking because Google has been doing this a ton with putting their apps on the market. You wont be able to download this camera app if you are not using the Moto X. The update brings a few welcomed changes. Its great to see Motorola doing these little things that will prevent a lot of headaches in the future.

1. Brightened camera viewfinder so it's easier to see
  2. Enabled quick capture for more enterprise IT policies
  3. Bug fixes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.camera&referrer=utm_source%3Dandroidcentr...

0 Comments

Keep your hands at 10 and 2, and keep your eyes on the road. These were the first words to me when I got my learners license, sadly I rarely paid attention to that. Now that I am older, I realize how dumb I was as a teenager when I drove. However, none of what I used to do compare with we see on the roads these days, young and old alike texting and playing on the phone while driving.

texting 1.jpg

Here are some Stats;

In 2011, at least 23% of auto collisions involved cell phones

• The minimum amount of time your attention is taken away from the road when you’re texting and driving is 5 seconds.
  • Text messaging makes a crash up to 23x more likely.
  • 13% of drivers 18-20 involved in car wrecks admitted to texting or talking on their phones at the time of the crash.

Here are some scary stats;

• 77% of young adults are very or somewhat confident that they can safely text while driving.
  • 55% of young adult drivers claim that it is easy to text while they drive.

Don't think that its only young people

• 15% of young drivers have seen their parent’s text while driving.
  • 27% of adults have sent or received text messages while driving.

Stats procured from http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stats/

Why am I rolling all these stats, to scare you? Yes, but also to promote how valuable the Moto X can be to solve the above listed problems.

You can dictate to the phone, pull up your favorite music all with the sound of your voice.

This device is perfect for parents who want to give their kids a cell phone. It promotes safety while driving and let’s face it; a car wreck is not worth typing out an “LOL”.

For those who are looking for a device that is sleek and powerful and also has features that can save your life, this is the phone for you.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

1 Comment

It appears it was a windy day in Moto land.  On this windy day Motorola collaborated with Animators from Pixar animation studios.  It is a cute enhanced reality application.  The screen perspective moves as you move the device about.  This lets you catch different parts of the little animated short that is playing on your device.  You have to move around and dance a bit, and sometimes you look a little foolish but this is a great app.  It is fun for your children, fun for adults.  I had 8 people shifting and following me around as I showed it off this morning at Starbucks.  It was like a makeshift flash mob.  Here are some screen shots.

Screenshot_2013-10-30-10-29-57.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-10-30-07.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-10-30-21.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-10-30-32.png

Screenshot_2013-10-30-10-30-35.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-10-30-38.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-11-40-11.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-11-41-35.png

Screenshot_2013-10-30-11-41-35.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-11-41-42.pngScreenshot_2013-10-30-11-41-46.png

To install this app go to Play Store and search Motorola Spotlight Player.  Once installed you can find the app in your widgets, not in your applications.  Once you place the widget, open it up and play the video and enjoy.

Thank you Motorola, Google, and Pixar for the Fun

Jeremy the Product Ninja

0 Comments

Moto-X-9.jpg

Motorola added a new feature to their touch-less control app. I know I misplace my phone all the time. Not anymore with this nifty trick. All you do is simple say "Ok Google now, find my phone". This will make your phone sound an alarm even if its on silent. This is such a COOL feature and makes me love my Motorola X even more. Its such a simple feature but will make everyone's a little easier, when your phone decides to slip into the couch cushion without you knowing. Below is a great demo from androidcentral.com showing off the feature in action.

- First image via androidandme.com

0 Comments

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  So, how many is a video worth?  And what's it worth in slow motion recorded at 720p HD?  I’ve been meaning try the Moto X’s slow motion video capture feature for a while now and this past weekend I was finally able to put it to the test.  I've included an example below for your viewing.  The slow motion video quality was very impressive.  It is important to note that there is no sound captured during slow motion recording (I would imagine that would be a little distracting).

Here’s an example of the slow motion video capture that I took with my Moto X

Here’s how to capture a slow motion video.

• Open the camera app
  • Use your finger to swipe from left to right to reveal the camera menu
  • Select the Slow Motion icon which looks like a camcorder with the letters “SLO” on it
  • Tap anywhere on the screen to close the menu
  • Tap the video capture icon in the upper right corner of the screen (which will now have “SLO” on it) to begin recording

Screenshot_2013-10-28-10-05-01.pngScreenshot_2013-10-28-10-16-33.png

This is definitely a very fun feature and if you currently carry this device I encourage you to try it.  Feel free to share your experiences as well.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

Until next time,

Dre

0 Comments

lock.png

Again this phone gets better, not only does the phone know when you picked it up and looked at it, and turns on to show you the notifications. and you can load the camera with a twist of the wrist.  they take this phone one step further.

With a great lock screen,  so a click of the power button and a swipe to the left you can access the camera and you can add widgets to the lock screen to give you more options to view things without unlocking the phone.

Don't forget the "Ok Google Now" command to access the camera without touch!

just one more way the Moto X is making phone easier

0 Comments

I wanted to share some of the thoughts from our customers for the Moto X.

As you can see, they are very good. I love the phone, and happy to say that I share in a popular opinion.

5 stars.png

Thia A Great Phone!!!

October 15, 2013

ruderoy321

First of all, I have never written a review on any phone I've ever bought, but this time its different this phone ROCKS!!!

I've had I-Phone 4s, Samsung Galaxy 2 And Galaxy 3 which are all good phones, but I just upgraded to the Moto X and I have already just totally love this phone.

It just feels good in your hands. The features it has are great. I was so tired of the Samsung phones. This phone works off of "Goggle Now" which is pretty much voice commands only this phone really works. You don't have to repeat yourself over and over again..

I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking to get off the "NEXT BIG THING" band wagon and upgraded to this USA made smartphone. You will not regret it..

5 stars.png

WOW Finally!!!!!

October 15, 2013

scuba71

Now we are talking! This device is what a smart phone should be. Feels great on your hand. Solid, perfect size, looks great, just plain NICE.

5 stars.png

Best Android phone I've tried

October 11, 2013

web0rama

I fell in love with the approach Motorola has taken with this device trading in the across the board bleeding edge hardware for an optimized experience (really adopting the Apple approach to hardware in a way) and I can easily say that this is the best experience I've ever had with a smartphone.

5 stars.png

why havent you gotten it yet

October 1, 2013

fishyandbambi

Could not pick 1 thing I don't like about the phone its Motorola.

5 stars.png

Amazing phone, best bang for your buck.

September 27, 2013

NSCGLOBAL

Coming from a iPhone, I don’t know why I didn’t make the switch earlier. Wish This phone had come out earlier. The phone feels great in my hand and my wife also loves it. She’s very hard to please so I’m happy for once for making a great choice. While I’m driving, phones in my cup holder and I just tell it to make a call and its done without me taking my hand off the wheel. Great feel and very sturdy, feels 10X better than my old iPhone and battery last 10 times better.

5 stars.png

A phone built for Practically.

September 6, 2013

nxtlfan

Hardware: In the hand this phone feels solid. The soft grip plastic makes the phone very substantial and the phone feels like it could take a small beating. Although this phone is much smaller than most other phones currently being release, Motorola still manages to pack in a 4.7 inch display.

You will love this phone.

Thanks

Stan

0 Comments

specs-for-motorolas-new-moto-x-smartphone-leak-and-theyre-pretty-lackluster.jpg

The title says it all. This phone is a complete pleasure to use. The overall size and feel of the device is perfect. I believe this form factor of 4.7" screen sizes are the best. When I say balanced, I mean this phone feels like Google built the software around the hardware when it was being designed. Everything works like you hope it would with NO bugs! I have had no issues at all with my device. The battery life is great but not the best I have had. I am averaging about 16-18 hours which is more than acceptable with a heavy user like myself. I have Bluetooth headphones connected all day. I also stream audio consistently throughout the day, so I'm impressed. The performance is as fast as any other phone I have used. It doesn't have the specs on paper but I have never noticed any lag or slow down at all. It's just as fast as my Samsung Note III in opening apps and webpages. As I have mentioned in many of my other posts about phones. There is nothing more appealing than stock android on a good looking device and the Moto X is no exception. The added features by Motorola make this phone stand out from a nexus device. I never thought I would say that, being a HUGE nexus fan but its true. With Motorola's always listening feature and driving assistance, I couldn't be more impressed and I don't see myself moving away from this device anytime soon. Having this phone in the car with all the voice features, I feel like a much smarter and safer driver. I simple say "OK Google Now" and I call or text whoever I want without taking my eyes off the road. I have a car dock for my phone and when an incoming text or call comes in. My phone instantly switches to speaker to announce what the text is or who is calling. The Moto X knows when you are driving. If you are traveling more than 5 mph via your GPS it will switch to driving assist. Another really underrated feature is Motorola migrate. This app allows you to transfer all your apps texts and other data from your last smartphone. That is a big time saver because you can really accumulate a ton of data over two years on a phone. Below I have attached some great ads from Motorola that highlight the features. The commercials are really entertaining and do a get job demoing the killer features this phone offers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bp7FdB7Gz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOr8Wxcc0Gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8FyFnSB78

First image via businessinsider.com

Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

0 Comments

Touchless Control.png

One of the great features of the Motorola Moto X is Touchless Control. Touchless Control allows me to awaken my Moto X phone to make calls, play music among other things through voice commands without a need to touch my phone.

Screenshot_2013-10-18-17-15-17.png

I re-trained my Moto X to OK Blue Now! I have had others try and wake it and provide commands with no success after I trained it to my voice. The first part though is training Moto X Touchless Control to my voice. I can always retrain my Moto X Touchless Control by going to Settings> Touchless Control> Train Launch Phrase.

Now, the directions want me to say "OK Google Now", although there is a way to train the Moto X Touchless Control with other phrases or name in place of Google. My Moto X is trained with "OK Blue Now" and helps me personalize my phone a little more in making it all about Blue.

GNow.jpg

Training Touchless Control requires repeating the same phrase 3 times with the phone held out away from you. If I said it to loud or did not like the phrase being used, I would have to repeat it until the phrase is excepted 3 times. Once training has been completed, I received a prompt to try it out.

Here are 3 different commands I tried while the phone was in sleep mode with the screen black:

OK Blue Now - What the weather in Oklahoma

Weather.png

OK Blue Now set my alarm clock for Saturday 8 night

Alarm.jpg

OK Blue Now navigate to Great Wold Lodge in Grapevine Texas

Nav.jpg

Each time I provided a command, my Moto X woke up and followed the command given. I have made phone calls this way while driving with my Moto X Bluetooth connected in my truck providing hands free dialing while driving!

Motorola has a list of commands on their website listed here. There are tips and more information on Touchless Control on their website.

• What questions do you have about Moto X Touchless Control?
  • What phrase did you train your Moto X Touchless Control with?
  • What would you like to see in a future Moto X Product Ambassador blog?

Thanks,

Blue

Your Product Ambassador Team

Follow me as I create more blogs for our Sprint Product Ambassador team on the Motorola Moto X.

0 Comments

If you’ve been watching the smartphone race for the last few years, you’ll notice the occasional purple or red rectangular Android smartphone. But by and large, we’ve been stuck with generic black plastic squares that have slightly different combinations of “Android + branded processor + branded display technology.”

Moto XWhether by focusing solely on the specs–processors, memory, storage and display–or tweaked design aesthetic–rounding the corners more, adding or removing a tenth of an inch here or there–it seems that smartphone manufacturers and marketers (other than Apple) haven’t succeeded in satisfying a broad consumer base. Phones are either for niche segments or a bland swath. Apple, again, is the outlier here, who has focused in many ways on making sure things “just work,” and avoiding the specification race while delivering a reliable, compelling customer experience.

With the Moto X, we have an Android smartphone that steps ahead of the pack–and delivers a solid iPhone competitor, too–by going to market with a device that also “just works.” Neither a bleeding-edge techno-phone nor a slouch in performance, it delivers a very balanced experience wrapped in a brand that delivered well in the past.

The physical design of Moto X itself is approachable, packing a 4.7″ screen into a solidly-built shell that isn’t imposing at all. The weight and balance is solid, and the materials feel high-end. The customization options available on some carriers give a very unique nod to the idea that a phone is as much accessory as technology. On the software side, Android 4.2.2 with very minimal tweaking by either Sprint or Motorola on top of the standard Android experience delivers a more consistent and responsive interface. And the “whizbang” features, namely Touchless Control and Active Display, are so nifty and useful that I can’t imagine having a phone without them.

To their credit, the Motorola marketing team seems to have struck a good balance between touting the hardware specs that geeks and early adopters love to chatter about, and featuring the useful features in a way that could interest your average consumer.True, there is talk about the Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System” but generally only in reference to the true innovation they power, like the dedicated natural language processor for Touchless Control.

Having used the Moto X for nearly a month, I’m sold. Admittedly I do pick up my Samsung Galaxy S3 on occasion and notice the ever-so-slightly larger display; but after a few seconds I remember how akward it can feel in my hand due to the size and shape. I’ll pick up my wife’s iPhone 5 to glance at the time or weather, and get frustrated that it doesn’t automatically turn on the display when I pick it up like my Moto X does. And that I have to press a button to get Siri to wake up.

I was a Motorola fan with the Razr, and again with the Photon. After a debacle with their support for upgrading Android on the Photon wavering and eventually backpedaling, I was wary of picking up another Motorola device. Google’s acquisition made a lot of sense, and with the Moto X, I think the blending of software and hardware has resulted in one of the most compelling smartphones available on the market. The Moto X brings enough spec to the party to sate the geeks, enough fashion to turn heads, and ease of use that allows my kids to use things like Touchless Control and the new camera interface without any prompting from me. I have no reservations about recommending the Moto X, and think it will be a very competitive phone for a while.

At least until the next Nexus comes out.

0 Comments

Considering the Moto X for your next smartphone? Here's a quick Unboxing video to show you what's in the box and how it looks freshly opened.

My last Moto device was the Photon, which was a solid piece of hardware, but was replaced by my Samsung Galaxy S 3 which I’ve really enjoyed. I’ll be posting a few updates on the Moto X over the next few weeks–but so far, my impression is that this is a solidly built, well-performing phone with some pretty neat features. Any questions? Leave a comment or hit me up @justinkramp on twitter.

0 Comments

Hear and Back Again

1. Continued......

There Moto found himself at the bottom of the well of Dropbox, he was lucky the fall had not damaged him significantly.  SME-Eagle was trying to confuse Moto, with riddle games, like, what walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at mid day, and three legs at night?  And then what only gets wetter as it dries.  Moto snappily responded with a Towel. The defeated SME-Eagle recoiled and cried to himself.   Moto was not certain what was the issue with the little strange creature that seemed so conflicted.

Moto took the opportunity to pocket the One Tag and look for the  as Moto found the exit from the well of Dropbox.  He had found himself reunited with Otterbox the grey, and the band of accessories that had sought to bring him along on their adventures.  They were on the plains of delivery.  They were trying to escape the Fedorcs.  The Fedorcs had Otterbox, Moto, and the Accessories trapped.  They had been pushed back up to a a pinnacle of rock on the plains of delivery, the Fedorcs spread out to envelop the fellowship.

Something must be done.  There was a pitched battle with fedorcs.  Ehdee Seleventh of Clan Headphone was trapped alone with the Fedorcs and a raging fire.  It was then the Moto understood what it meant to be part of the fellowship.  While he did not need Ehdee, he would not be the same with out his trusted accessory.  Unexpectedly Moto and the others were carried away on the wings of giant brown eagles to the fabled land of Inmypocket. 

Moto did not know that he was not far from the land of his birth at this time.  Travel had changed around the directions in his mind.  Moto knew that adventure was what he was really happy with he was glad he had not remained in the box on the top of Row end.

Moto looked to Otterbox and the accessories, in the distance the Lonely Tower awaited with fabled with LTE power, it was up to the fellowship of accessories, Moto and Otterbox to defeat the powerful dragon Airvana

....To Be Continued, the Desolation of Airvana

0 Comments

These are a few of my favorite things When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I feeling sad I simply grab the Moto X and then I don’t feel so bad. Why?

Well with an Android device this great on the ready there’s a long list of things to make me happy.  Three weeks into testing out the phone here are my top likes to date.

Like #1: Battery Time

Battery Screen Capture.png

During my unboxing, I expressed concerns about the Moto X non-removable battery. This is very much the norm now with many devices making battery performance even more critical. So far, the internal 2,200mAh battery has been performing amazingly. Motorola designed this device with functionality in mind with the active display, 720p screen and more to give a level of battery performance that has become the talk of users and reviewers. Even as a relatively heavy user, I have consistently gone a full 10-12 hours before requiring a re-juicing and stories of folks going 24 hours are not unusual.

Like 2: Active display

05 Moto Active display2.jpg

The active display is a simple yet brilliant feature that I now wish was standard with all devices. No longer do you need to press a power button or look for a blinking light to know if there is a message waiting. The Moto X active display is always on the ready to let you know. How does it work? Here is great full review from Android Central that covers it all.

Like #3: The experience

04 Moto in hand outside2.jpg03 Moto in hand outside.jpg

In the world of smarter and smarter devices, device makers have been loading up phones with wiz bang features that make really good ads but for day to day use most average users really do not care. What most people really want is for the device to have good battery time, a nice screen, customization, quality build, and a snappy processor. For me the Moto X delivers completely on the experience factor with a perfect fit in hand and performance that makes it Flagship and must have worthy.

Like #4: There is more to come

Just a few likes and there are many more!  I will certainly share them soon with a camera review up next from me. I have yet to fully test it so I am saving that opinion for my post next week as I have big plans to try multiple options over the next few days while I am on a little trip. If you have something you would like to know about the camera, leave a comment and I will try to work it in.

Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

0 Comments

The Moto X gives you control of your audio, not just volume up and down but treble, bass etc...

These functions are things that cant be done without a third-party app on other devices, but on the Moto X it's an in-house feature.

Double swipe down and select Settings, and then select Sound.oto

4.png 3.png

Select Audio Effects.                                                From this screen, you have two sections for wired stereo (headphones) and for the speaker, you have your default options and within those options you can customize even further.

2.png 1.png 5.png

So if you want to hear the hard hitting bass drops from a Deadmau5 song or you want to listen to the high-hat notes from a John Coletrane, or a Thelonious Monk track then play around with this feature.

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

HT_moto_x_.jpg

I love the Moto X for its stock setup, there isn't any "bloat" its a almost pure android experience like a nexus device, with a couple key features that are very helpful, Moto Assist, Hands Free,  and the Camera Shake to activate.  The launcher on the phone is stock no bells or whistles,  in those Im missing my app icon notifications like when you have emails or text messages,  so to solve this and to add some features but keep the "stock look and feel". I installed nova launcher with the unread notifier.  With nova I dont get widgets but I get a stock feel with a added bonus of window transitions, and with the notifier I can see how many emails, text messages, and calls I have unread.  I love the cube transition (middle)

The best part is it keeps my phone stock looking with a couple features I miss.  I also installed Android Pro Widgets to have a calendar view and a favorite's caller view.  of course I love these widgets thanks to HTC and sense and now I cant do without them.  Last My clock widget Beautiful Widgets.  Also for the launcher and the APW widgets you can download themes to make them look anyway your want.

ss.png          

0 Comments

Hear and back again - A Phobbitt's Tale

Cast of Characters

Moto Exxigins

Otterbox the Grey

Ehdee Seleventh of Clan Headphone

Dualacus of Clan Charging Block

Roadster of Clan Handsfree

Sistyfer of Clan Esdeecard

PeeFer Thousand of Clan Portacharge

Up of Clan Jawbone

Ehdee of Clan Dock

It all began in a hole in the ground, in a warehouse in the Fort Worthshire.  The gods as we know them crafted from parts from all over the middle realms a Phobbitt, no one knew this Phobbit was destined for a great and perilous journey.  It was just another day in Fort Worthsire, Moto Exxigins sat in his box on the shelf like any good Phobbit was want to do.  He knew all the Phobbits of the Shire, There were Blue Phobbits, and Purple Phobbits, Yellow and Green Phobbits, some with a light side, others with a dark, a myriad of different Phobbits, even rumors of exotic wild wood Phobbits in the not so distant future.  He was not as big as the really big Phablets, and Tabletas of the Middle realms, nor was he as small as the old peoples of the lands of Flip, and Startac.  He felt he was just the right size for the hands of the makers.  He wondered what his life would be like, all his life, so far that is, had been spent in the shire, on one shelf or another till he was old enough to have his own box on Ex end. The other Phobbits were jealous; his was a sealed and finished box, that meant he was ready for delivery.  What ever that means they would say to each other in passing.

There came a day when Moto was visited by an old and dear friend of his Otterbox the Grey.  Otterbox was the strangest of creatures, a protecter, multiple layers of robes, he was Wizard.  He had been visiting Moto since Moto was just a chipboard wishing to be a full grown Phobbit.  Otterbox, had come to Moto to take him on an Adventure, unbeknownst to Moto, he had placed an NFC tag on his front door to let the others know where to meet him.  Moto did not want to go on an adventure he liked his box at the end of Ex Row, he told Otterbox thanks but no thanks, I shall stay here, I like it here.  With a wink and a knowing smile Otterbox bid Moto good day.  Moto went back to his routine, he was a very happy person, he was advanced, he had all the things a good Phobbit needs.  He knew they were there as he grew comfortable in his box once again.  He was sharp of resolution, and large of display.  His endurance was good he could Thirteen hours between charges at a talkers pace.  He could go days doing nothing at all, ten of them to be exact.  He was smart, his IQ was two gigabytes, and his memory was ever expanding when his head was in the clouds.  He had a sharp dual focus photographic memory.  Most people though remarked about the heart of the Phobbits, it was Eight cored each doing things to help the others.  Two cores for working while awake and doing applicable things, and two for working while sleeping to help his endurance, and Four for processing his graphical display powers.   He had a core for contextual computer, and he understood how people talked because he had a Natural language processor. 

His reverie was disturbed someone stood knocking at his box seeking entrance.  He had already told Otter box no, he wanted no adventure, he was content to live out his days here.  Who was this at his door now, he opened not finding what he expected, it was not a Phobbit at all, but an Accessory, those fabled people from the distant misty shelves up high.  And what a strange accessory he was, with bright flashing blue eyes, and very pronounced ears, he introduced himself as, Ehdee Seleventh of the Clan of the Headset.  Acocrding to Exdee he was told to meet Otterbox the Grey at this location.  Soon other accessories began to arrive unannounced, his box was getting very crowded in did, there was Dualacus of charging block, but Moto, felt like he belonged here.  Then there was  Roadster of Clan Handsfree, Dock of Vehicle mount, Sistyfer of Clan EssDeecard, PeeFer Thousand of Clan Portacharge, Up of Clan Jawbone, and finally Ehdee of Clan Dock.  Indeed his box was crowded, and the accessories were draining, but his cores kept him up to speed.  They ate him out of user guide and quick start manual.  This was very distressing to Moto. 

Then Otterbox the Grey returned, he explained to Moto, these were accessories, they were one a long journey, one that was very perilous and dangerous.  They were headed to the Lonely shipment.  This did not sound like something that Moto would enjoy, in fact he just longed for the quiet return of life in his box on Ex row.  That was not to be the case, he was packaged with the accessories and went to a far off place, beyond the deserts of Lahoma, into the fields of Kanas, to arrive fabled campus in the city of Overland, where he would get a respite.  But alas he became separated from the Accessories, in there frantic flight from the Minions of Marketing, what was he to do, what would become of him?  It was Just Moto and SME-Eagle the Wi-Fi device playing guessing games at the bottom of the murky well called Package Drop off.  What has become of the Accessories and Otterbox the Grey.  They were no longer with Moto,   He was lost and alone, well not truly alone there was SME-Eagle.  The journey had continued with out him, how would he ever get back to the Shire?  Would he ever see the accessories again?  Will some come for him to get him from the well of Package Drop off…..To Be Continued?

Jeremy the White

0 Comments

Moto X Blog

So I traded my Volvo for what I expected to be a very nice Porsche.  I was wrong.  The Motorola Moto X is more like an Italian sports car, covered in refinements, and eye candy, but underneath there is the heart of a beast waiting to get turned loose on your apps.  Its like trading in your Volvo and getting a Lamborghini.  This device screams along, it does things as fast as I can consider them.  The different processors do their individual jobs amazingly.  From the Dual core active processor this device was well designed and well thought out.  Then there is the Natural language processor just for running the voice recognition software.    It also has a Contextual Computing core just for trying to understand what it is I am trying to do.  Then they included for Stunning Graphics that added a Quad Core GPU,  that means true colors, high definition display.  I have been touring around with this device a little over a week now, and I must say this is one of the best devices I have ever laid my hands on.  Quick nimble responsive, and a beast when it comes to high end apps, battery life is amazing with push email.  All in all this is a WIN for Motorola.

Must Have Apps – Just a Few of my Favorites.

For Messaging I add

Messaging Plus –This is a New Messenger program from Sprint that allows Chat, VOIP Calls, Video Calls, Location Sharing, and Image/Video Sharing with Individuals or Groups.

Skype - allows Chat, VOIP Calls, Video Calls, Location Sharing, and Image/Video Sharing with Individuals or Groups.

Trillian – Allows me to setup all my online messengers in one app, can sync these messages with the Trillian app on PC if you upgrade to Pro.

For Visual Voicemail

Visual Voicemail Plus – Transcribes and downloads your voicemail to your device.  Only marginally better than stock, just have been using it for a while.

For Email

None I use the built in Client

1. Music – Must Caveat that I am a Music snob and generally have more music with me than anyone should ever need.  Must come from years as a DJ, and yes I can run a show with phone…. J

Google Music – Built in Google client with cloud storage.

Win AMP(Pro) – Just like Winamp on your computer and allows for wireless sync of music.  I do not have to plug the devices together just sit at my Laptop and vote playlists on and off the island.

Voice Recording – I have occasionally used different apps to Record live music.

RecForge Pro – Still is my goto, it has good microphone control, and built-in equalization.  It exports in .Wav or .MP3 depending on how I want to edit this later.

Games – Just the ones I currently play, not a definitive list

Angry Birds Star Wars – Its angry Birds and Starwars, Its NERD-a-Dise

Words with friends – I can not help I love this game and I am really good at it, and isn’t that what brings someone back to game.

EBook Reader

FB Reader – Simple interface, can be set with cloud interaction with the Calibre desktop program….I have yet to make that work, but the reader it self work great.

File Manager

Ace File Manager – Simple graphical interface for accessing your files.

Cloud Storage – I am a cloud junkie.  I need my storage space, and Want everything to be available no matter device I am using.

Google Drive – Moto X Promo ups your basic Free storage to 50gbs

Drop Box

Box

These are just a few of my Favorites.  And with this device they are now my all time favorites, I am trying to find some things this device won’t do, and so far the only one I have come up with is that it will not make my cup of coffee for me, but it can order it from Starbucks on my way in :-P

Jeremy

0 Comments

I just came back from a weekend with the family, we went to Panama City.

I was very pleased with the performance of the Moto X, not only were the pictures exquisite, but because of the nature of this device and its features I wasn't constantly looking at the phone and missing important moments of my kids.

The editing features on this phone are so easy to use, even a caveman can do it.

Here are some pics, as you can see Florida is beautiful this time of the year.

IMG_20131013_183121619.jpg

crop.JPG

IMG_20131013_142608568_HDR.jpg

Yes, that is a slice of brisket on the burger, nom nom nom.

IMG_20130929_164622.JPG

I am very happy with this phone, it is the right size for people who are on the go, the weight is perfect. Its weighs just enough that you know its in your pocket but not to heavy that it hinders you from moving freely.

The active notifications provide you with the freedom that the commercials brag about.

I love this phone.

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

Moto.jpg

My family is number one and I want them with me wherever I go... one of the first steps of making the Moto X mine is finding the right family picture for the phones wallpaper and music to set my ringtones. That means moving my data over from my previous phone.

As a Sprint Product Ambassador, I swap phones out frequently to share hands on experience with others. Motorola Migrate has made moving my data over fast and easy. Once all my data is moved over, it is time for me to set everything up on my Moto X. Check out Sprint Product Ambassadors: Moto X Makes Switching Phones Pain Free for more information on Motorola Migrate.

Screenshot_2013-10-09-10-35-18.pngcom.handmark.expressweather.pngScreenshot_2013-10-09-10-37-50.png

So I have my data moved over and my wallpaper set. Then I start downloading my favorite apps or download new apps depending on widgets I need to setup my Moto X. The next thing I need is a clock/weather widget as my HTC EVO LTE spoiled me with that feature and now want one similar on all my phones. The Moto X comes with 1Weather which was perfect for my weather clock widget. Another added bonus of it is that I always have view of the temperature outside with it displayed in to left corner....

The 1Weather app provides several clock and weather widget options. You have the ability to set background transparent and includes a weather radar along with other options. I am enjoying this new app as I continue to discover other features it has....

Screenshot_2013-10-09-10-38-52.pngcloudskipper.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-11-14-39-59.png

Next, I needed an app for my music. I don't like to use Play Music widget so I downloaded Cloudskipper app that provided me with several widget options for my music. There are several widget options for me to choose from that Play Music does not offer. The app itself provides an EQ on/off option along with other standard features for playing your favorite music.

Screenshot_2013-10-09-10-35-55.png

I am using the stock Chrome Bookmark widget to save my favorite websites for quick access on the go....

Screenshot_2013-10-09-10-35-42.pngScreenshot_2013-10-09-10-36-20.png

APW is the next app I downloaded and it provided me two widgets I needed. I needed a calendar widget that provided me a monthly view and a contact/people widget for my frequently dialed numbers. This app provided exactly what I needed with extra widgets. APW widgets allow you to make them the background transparent so you can still see your wallpaper....

Some of my other favorite apps are HBO GO, Epix, Flixster, Yahoo Mail and Tiny Flashlight app.

What are your favorite apps and how did or are you going to customize your Moto X?

Thanks for taking the time to review my blog!

Blue

Follow me as I create more blogs for Sprint Product Ambassador team on the Motorola Moto X.

1 Comment

What are your thoughts on Case's?

My personal thought is I don't want a case but I need a case. This phone looks great and feels great so I don't want to cover that.  The case makers have you covered.  I don't like it when cases add extra weight or increase the size of you phone but.

The Moto X has something other phones don't have a Dimple on the back.  This at first may just be something you disregarded but the more I use the phone the more the Dimple comes into play.  The Dimple is on the back of the phone right where your index finger goes when making a call and holding it to your Ear.  This is more useful than you may think it gives you leverage while holding the phone and for me makes it more sturdy in my hands.

There are tons of different case options out there for the Moto X and they all have different levels of protection and some have dimples and some don't so pick wisely!

I have listed 3 cases with 1 picture each they all have multiple color options but only one of these cases has a dimple and I personal have this on my phone and love it, The other reason I got the Supacase is the clear or frosted back, the stock Moto X has a carbon fiber look and I like that so a case that still shows that design is perfect.  There is also a lot of different options out there.

OtterBox Commuter, great protection with added weight and size (left)

Diztronic, is a tpu case protection and size is minimal (middle)

Supcase, is a hybrid case one piece  tpu edge with a hard back, good protection and size is medium but still small, with a dimple! (right)

31yTzx2pu0L._SY300_.jpg81Hfov7jlqL._SL1500_.jpg71w8qG+3VQL._SL1205_.jpg

0 Comments

2255-932a45bf_680_400.jpg

Motorola Migrate is by far the greatest thing I have used,  This program is pre-installed on the Moto X and all you have to do to transfer your - Text, Call History, Videos, Music, Settings, is install Moto Migrate on your old phone and follow the steps and they are very simple, oh AND,  wait for it, it will transfer your APPS! yes I said APPS!

I have used similar backup apps to try and migrate data to new phones and it just never works right and takes 2 to 3 different apps to do it  and it can be such a pain so most times I just start over.  With this app it transferred all my content to my MOTO X and started, to my surprise, installing my apps that I had on my HTC One phone (will only install apps you downloaded from the play store). Making the switch to the Moto X the only phone I have used that is pain free to get set up!

Within, about, 15 mins (give or take on your amount of data) you will be up and running with your new Moto X and not having to goto the app store and manually installing your apps!  This needs to be standard on every Android phone.

motorola-migrate-640x279.jpg

Video on Motorola Migrate

0 Comments

According to the Wall Street Journal, Motorola is spending $500 million to market it's new flagship Moto X to the masses.  Motorola has clearly put a lot of effort into creating a device that they think will make our lives easier with as little effort as possible.  Here are some of the early ads from the company's Lazy Phone campaign...

Touchless Control

Active Display

Quick Capture

Moto Maker

Nav and Touchless Control

So, what do you think?  Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Until next time,

Dre

0 Comments

moto_x_0.jpg

Today, we demand our smartphones to do more than ever.  Email, text messaging, gaming, music, videos and web browsing are just a few of the tasks that users have come to expect their devices to handle on a daily basis.  The challenge with having devices that are capable of performing so many tasks – often times simultaneously – is the strain that is put on battery life.  When I first learned that I would be blessed with the opportunity of being an ambassador for the Moto X, one of my main interests was:  how’s the battery life?  Motorola promised that Moto X would offer stellar battery life and from my personal experience it has not disappointed.  After using the device for two weeks, the Moto X has easily outperformed any other devices that I’ve previously carried in this department.  For some perspective, the list of high end devices that I’ve carried over the last several months includes the Galaxy S4, HTC One, LG Optimus G and the Galaxy S3, among others.

My Usage

Since activating the device for the first time, only once have I felt the need to charge the device before leaving work – an occurrence which turned out to be an aberration.  A typical day for me usually involves 3 to 4 hours of screen on time, light email, lots of texting and IM’ing via Google Hangout, an hour or so of web browsing, some YouTube videos, at least a couple of hours of listening to music and sports radio via Google Play Music All Access and Tune In, and yes I even make one or two phone calls along the way.  After an eight hour shift (plus about 60 minutes travel time total going to and from work), my device is consistently somewhere between 30-40% battery life when I get home in the evenings.  It’s important to note that for the past week or so, while at work, I’ve been paired to my LG Tone+ Bluetooth stereo headset and I’ve decided to just use 4G/3G service at work since the 4G LTE service has been more reliable than the Wi-Fi in my building.  That means on an average day my device is connected to 4G (and occasionally 3G) for at least 8-9 hours in addition to running errands before and after work etc.  I am, however, usually on the more battery friendly Wi-Fi while at home.

Results

I’ve been averaging about 16 to 17 hours of battery life before I decide to plug in the charger and even at this point I’m still usually somewhere between 10-20% of juice remaining.  In theory, based on my experience that should be enough for an additional 2… 3 hours? Maybe?  I think that devices such as the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One have very respectable battery life, however the Moto X is probably the first smartphone that I have used and have not had to be concerned about having my charger handy just in case.  For the record, I still do tend to keep a charger and my external battery handy for emergencies however they just never seem to get used anymore.

Screenshot_2013-10-04-01-28-08.pngScreenshot_2013-10-04-01-28-17.png

Screenshot_2013-10-05-01-00-57.pngScreenshot_2013-10-05-01-01-08.png

Screenshot_2013-10-06-23-51-42.pngScreenshot_2013-10-06-23-51-52.png

Be sure to chime in with any questions or comments that you may have regarding the Moto X in general.  For those of you that carry a Moto X, please tell us about your experiences.

Until next time,

Dre

0 Comments

Its been 2 weeks now since I got the Moto X.
I must admit that this is one of my favorite devices so far.
Its an added bonus to know that this was made in the US.
The camera quality is very good.
The battery life is great.
The over all look of the phone is really eye catching, many have stated that it looks as pretty as an Iphone.

I even like the dimple on the back of the phone, it really is a perfect place to put your index finger while handling the device.

download.jpg

Stock Android is a plus for me, I love two finger swiping.
I really like Moto Assist and found it pleasant when I received a text while driving.
The phone via my bluetooth device gave me the announcement that I received a text. Hopefully other devices will have this feature thus preventing some accidents.
Active notification allows you to work and not have to fiddle around with your phone as much to view incoming texts, facebook messages, emails.

I give this phone a definite buy.

Thanks

Stanny George

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.