Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can SERO users use Moto Maker. I am getting error warnings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

can SERO users use Moto Maker. I am getting error warnings.

when I finish designing mine, and give them my sprint info, it says unable to verify account.  are we (SERO users) allowed to use Moto Maker since at the bottom, I notice it says "powered by BestBuy".  If not, please get that fixed.

Tags (2)
33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: can SERO users use Moto Maker. I am getting error warnings.

I'm in the same boat. I spoke to Sprint yesterday, they said I have to go through the Motorola website. I called the Motorola number that was provided when I got the error, they had difficulty understanding what was going on, but promised to call me back. Still waiting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, that makes 3 of us. Very curious to see how this plays out. I've been waiting for this phone and was very happy to have Moto Maker..and then....yeah.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just spoke to Motorola. They have to go through the Best Buy database, they do not have any other way right now--she said "we can only do what Sprint allows us to do".  So it's up to Sprint to deal with Motorola on this. I know SERO can't be renewed through Best Buy, so they'll have to provide another option to Motorola for verification.

Highlighted
Journeyman

there's a 100 people for every one person who speaks out on the net about something specific. there's already 3 of us who posted this, meaning there's hundreds if not thousands of SERO users who would buy that $99 Moto X if they would fix this.

HELLOOOOOOOOO Sprint?????

ha

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to that list. Ready to spend money and upgrade my sero plan, but doesn't work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, well here's the craptastic line on this I just got from sprint chat:

"Steven J.: Unfortunately the motomaker service will not be available for employee or sero accounts till sometime during the first quarter of 2014/"

Wow...lame. They passed the blame saying "Unfortunately it's the way the system was set up by motorola." Guess I should just use my subsidy for iPhone5s and sell it, and then buy Nexus 5 from google. What a drag.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Motorola told me that it's Sprint's fault and Sprint told you that it's Motorola's fault. Great. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. Now trying to decide whether or not to order a white Moto through the Sprint store.

I can't believe Motorola is using the Best Buy system for verification instead of the carriers.  I have zero confidence in anything BB-related.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I was considering the white stock version too, but sucks because I don't think you get the free "skip" nfc unlockers unless it's via moto maker. Grrr....

Highlighted
Wizard

crestonemountains,

Thanks for posting. Moto Maker is a very cool feature that is offered and I personally understand the frustration with not being able to utilize it just yet. SERO is considered an employee account and outside retailers (ie. Best Buy, Radio Shack) do not have access to employee accounts; even general customer care can't access employee accounts, they are managed by a specialized group. Since Moto Maker is currently available via Best Buy the conflict is that they don't have access to sell you the phone. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause at this time.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carlos, thanks for replying on this. I'm more concerned that the suggestion that moto maker for SERO users becoming available "sometime during the first quarter of 2014" may just be a vehicle for customer service to deflect this question and that it may never be made available at all. It's not conceivable to me that Sprint would invest 4 months of effort into making this work for SERO plan customers. If this delay is real, then it must be by intention and it would really help to have some official statement on the situation.

There is an option on the moto maker sight to skip the carrier selection and instead enter a "Redemption Pin", which I'm guessing is a mechanism that was built into that web site particularly to address incompatibilities with the Best Buy carrier verification/activation system. Since we SERO users can apparently upgrade to the non-custom Moto X via the employee accounts group, wouldn't it also be possible for them to issue Redemption Pins for the Moto Maker sight so the verification system is bypassed?

Just hoping you can bring some official comments and promise for the future here. I've been with Sprint for many many years, and SERO can be a great plan, but the let down and frustration over things like this is pushing me toward other options at prepaid carriers. Thank you Carlos. -Jim

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your question is awesome, and I hope it gets the attention and effort it deserves, as you really have your thinking cap on.  An official announcement would be appreciated from Sprint, since there's thousands of SERO users who were waiting on the Moto Maker, and when I saw BB was the group that Moto chose I just shook my head, because I'm thinking WHY!?  Of course, it caused us to have this issue, but I really appreciate you thinking about this alternate idea, and I hope it will be addressed.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat