Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can SERO users use Moto Maker. I am getting error warnings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: can SERO users use Moto Maker. I am getting error warnings.

Count me as another SERO customer who's been interested in the Moto X for some time and doesn't want to wait an unknown number of months for the motomaker option.

Highlighted
Wizard

jojocat2,

From what I understand, the redemption pin is given when you design the phone at a kiosk. There are Moto Maker kiosks at certain locations, including some Best Buys. You design the phone there then they save it and give you a redemption pin to put into the website where you can retrieve your design and purchase the phone. I believe the redemption pin also stores which carrier you are with so that is why it gives you the option to avoid picking the carrier manually. Unfortunately, I don't have any official word on compatibility with SERO/employee accounts at this time but I will promptly update this thread when that information becomes available.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carlos, thanks for looking into this. My understanding of the redemption pin is that Verizon and ATT allow you to pay for your Moto X purchase in a company store, they give you the PIN, and you go home and design it yourself and submit it. the balance shows $0 after you enter the PIN. It'd be great if this is an option at Sprint company stores.

Highlighted
Wizard

SCROSSON12,

Thank you for clarifying. Hopefully that will be an in-store service that we can offer soon.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another thanks for the follow up Carlos. Yes, I researched the PIN option a little more and realized as you mention that it's a way to enable retail sales for the custom product, and with the benefit that it bypasses the Best Buy upgrade verification process on the moto maker site. Like SCROSSON12 points out, this is available not only at some Best Buy but also AT&T and Verizon retail stores. I confirmed with my local Sprint owned retail store that they could process the upgrade for my SERO plan (per the Sprint published SERO faq), BUT they DON'T offer the retail moto maker redemption pin like the other carriers. Frustrating...if only they offered that route I think we could all order our new phones and upgrade our plans. So close...I'll hold out hope for a while anyway this can happen and will be checking back here for your updates. Thanks so much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: can SERO users use Moto Maker.  I am getting error warnings.

Is there going to be a follow-up of any kind with additional information about the "pin" option of paying in-store and designing online?  I'm not sure if this last message about hopefully Sprint will offer that soon is one saying it's completely out of your hands, or you're actively working with CS to contact the retail rep to confirm if this is something that might occur soon?  Any help is appreciated.  Many customers are waiting on this, as I figured.  The Moto X is highly reviewed, and it appears to be a great phone, and assembled in America to boot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, Carlos.

Selling the redemption PINs in store would be a benefit to ALL Sprint customers, not just SERO account holders, so I too hope that you and your team will be able to escalate the idea up to those who could get Sprint stores to soon offer this same option already available to all AT&T and now Verizon customers.

Here is Verizon's info if you need to show it to the higher-ups:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/Equipment/motox-designed-by-you.html

Buying a Moto X

1. How can I design and buy my Moto X?You can design and buy your Moto X on the Moto Maker website.

2. Can I buy a Moto Maker device in-store?You can purchase a voucher for a Moto Maker device in a store, but you’ll still have to design your device through the online Moto Maker studio.

6. How long is my Moto Maker redemption PIN good for?Your redemption PIN is good for 45 days from the moment you place an order. After 45 days, your order will be canceled and refunded.

If you’re interested in purchasing a custom-designed Moto X after 45 days, you can place a new order.

7. How can I purchase a Moto X?There are several options to purchase a Moto X. You can:

• Purchase a voucher for a custom-designed Moto X in a Verizon Wireless store, and complete the design through the online Moto Maker studio.
    • Order your Moto X online, and then complete the customization through the online Moto Maker studio.
    • Buy a standard black and white, 16 GB Moto X online or in a store.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: can SERO users use Moto Maker.  I am getting error warnings.

Thanks for posting that, Rick.  I think this is something they absolutely can accomplish for their customers, that not only benefits many SERO users, but obviously, would allow everyday customers the ability to go play around with the phone in the store, pay, and come home with a pin and design their own.  It's truly a win-win-win for 3 groups here.

Please get it done, Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for providing all the information so far in this thread. Has there been any update on using a redemption pin to purchase a customized Moto X with SERO accounts?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called Motorola when got the error who told me to call sprint. While on the phone with sprint explaining the problem I found this thread and wasn't holding out much hope. But then I got Brad who first tried changing my plan temporally but that didn't work Then he got permission from his supervisor to change my account type to consumer while I completed the transaction. He stayed on the phone while I finished the order and then change it back. Not as good as getting a redemption pin but it worked. Just waiting now for my phone to show up.

I wanted to share this in case others don't want to wait until next year. Cheers!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, thanks for the report and congrats on making it work! Frankly it scares me a little to trust they do those account changes and that I still have my sero account afterwards.

If I get the nerve to try this, I'll post outcome back here. I wonder if I might have trouble since I'm still on a 3g phone will have to have the sero account upgraded with the "Premium Data add-on charge". Did you have to add that by any chance?

Enjoy you custom moto x lucky and resourceful you!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

congrats!  glad you did what obviously should have been offered by someone to help the customers.  good job!  you're hired! lol.  I went ahead and got a different phone since it was free, but I hope the Moto X is everything we hoped it'd be in a phone.  Hate to thinks about how many sales losses they had because of this.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat