Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moto x headphone issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

moto x headphone issue

I have moto x and recently when I plug a pair if earbuds in all the way they don't work. They work with other phones. But if I only plug them in half way they work. When I plug them in all that way the music trys to come out of the speaker instead of the headphones. I even tried clearing the cache because some say that can be a issue but I still have the same problem. What can I do too fix this problem.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: moto x headphone issue

Have you tried plugging in another working pair of earbuds on your Moto X?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I've tried several other headphones same problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems like the 3.5mm jack might be defective or broken. Is your Moto X still under warranty? Or perhaps you have Sprints TEP? Contact any of those and see if they could help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The thing is my beats are the only headphones that work. For some reason no others work I've tried over 5 pair of earbuds. Its still under Motorola's warrenty. So I'll contact them about it thank you for the help.

Highlighted
Master

coolsingh510

You're welcome. Let us know what happens. We are always here to help.

Marcus

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

salvalo_22, Great suggestion. If there's anything we can assist you with, let us know. We are here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

salvalo_22,

Thank you for your contribution to this post. You are correct; TEP and Warranty can be of service towards the deed. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

coolsingh510

I understand your concern. I recommend that you visit your nearest Sprint repair center. Use this link http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx  to locate your nearest repair center. They would be more than happy to assist you with this.

Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was reading over the forums, make sure you use regular 3.5mm prong headphones, as it seems that the 3 prong headphones usually with mic (iphone headphones)  option tend to not work on the Moto x

Highlighted
Master

salvalo_22 Are you having a issue with that specific type of headphone?
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I'm providing feedback to the member that is having the issue with his phone, as I have read in other forums that it might be a possibility that he is using a type of headphones that is not compatible with the Moto X.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat