Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/9 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-79

Highlighted
Wizard

1/9 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-79

Motorola Admiral Software Update – 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-79

Fixes / Enhancements

- Bluetooth improvement allows device to push contacts all at one time

- Removal of Sprint Mobile Wallet application

- Updated Mobile Sync application

- Ability to accept, accept as tentative, or decline a meeting maker

- Various fixes and enhancements to improve device stability

Important Notes:

- Refer to the Motorola Admiral Software Update blog for install instructions

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 1/9 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-79

dshoem01 wrote:

Motorola Admiral Software Update – 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-79

Fixes / Enhancements

- Bluetooth improvement allows device to push contacts all at one time

- Removal of Sprint Mobile Wallet application

- Updated Mobile Sync application

- Ability to accept, accept as tentative, or decline a meeting maker

- Various fixes and enhancements to improve device stability

Important Notes:

- Refer to the Motorola Admiral Software Update blog for install instructions

Hey, really just more curious, why are they removing the Sprint mobile wallet app?  Just curious, as i really don`t use that `un anyway, but it`s intresting that they`re removing it (in fact i`d hoped they would remove it...more space for apps i really WANT to use ).  TK241

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello there, I've tried getting the latest update a couple times now and I keep getting the device is up to date message. I really hope this newest update gets the phone to where it use to be before the previous update.

Highlighted
Wizard

papi118 wrote:

Hello there, I've tried getting the latest update a couple times now and I keep getting the device is up to date message. I really hope this newest update gets the phone to where it use to be before the previous update.

I`m getting that message too.  Methinks they just haven`t gotten the update completely rolled out yet, give it a few more days and see what crops up.  If ya still get the device is up to date status message after that then i`d start to wonder.  For now though, i`d wait a bit longer, just to see if it happens.  No sense in worrying about it just yet .  I too hope this update will fix some issues, mainly the battery drain issue, some instability in the wifi connection and some other naggy things too.  It`s nice to see that Sprint is trying to keep this unit going and up to date.  TK241

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Sprint Mobile Wallet did not uninstall after update and now i continue to get a WiFI error.  I also have to constantly update PRL and Profile to get service.  Thanks for the update Sprint!!!!!  Im so tired of this phone.  I love the QWERTY keyboard but the battery life and the other problems is making me want a new phone.  The Photon Q looks nice but I'm scared off from the Admiral experience.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Sprint Mobile Wallet did not uninstall after update and now i continue to get a WiFI error.  I also have to constantly update PRL and Profile to get service.  Thanks for the update Sprint!!!!!  Im so tired of this phone.  I love the QWERTY keyboard but the battery life and the other problems is making me want a new phone.  The Photon Q looks nice but I'm scared off from the Admiral experience.

Highlighted
Wizard

NKJWLF wrote:

Hey there, i`ve noticed that Sprint Moblie wallet didn`t uninstall on my admeral ether, however i don`t get the WiFi error ya mentioned, might be an issue with your access port possibly.  Anyway, the fact that Mobile wallet didn`t go away is intresting even though i never used that app, having it gone wouldda been nice, more space for apps i`ll really use .  Methinks now there`ll ba yet ANOTHER update just to do the removal of Sprint mobile wallet, guess we`ll have to see on that `un.  TK241

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heck, mine gets half way through installing and then a big yellow triangle with exclamation point pops up and the phone reboots.  Then it says update failed to install.  Have tried 5 times.  Sure hope I aint missing nothing spectacular with this update because it doesnt like my phone at all. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, except for wi-fi, my admiral seems to be working better after this latest update. For example, before the update the phone would sometimes take over a minute to dial a number after pressing the send button. Battery life seems to be better also. W-fi seems to be worse than before this update.

Journeyman

Well, my wi-fi is pretty much useless after this update. On the plus side, my battery life is much better.

Highlighted
Master

HELLER6901 wrote:

Heck, mine gets half way through installing and then a big yellow triangle with exclamation point pops up and the phone reboots.  Then it says update failed to install.  Have tried 5 times.  Sure hope I aint missing nothing spectacular with this update because it doesnt like my phone at all.

Is your phone rooted? If so the installation will fail every time, this goes for almost every Android device. The update's perform a security check before installation to ensure file system integrity. Rooting your device opens it up a security breach (the intention of rooting in teh first place) so it will fail this integrity check and the update will abort.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here :/. Have version PAX-69 and says device is up to date when I try to download. Maybe they plug pulled on this update for problems or something.  Anyone???

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat