Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/22 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Wizard

10/22 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Motorola Admiral Software Update – 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Fixes / Enhancements

- Improvements to Roaming Settings to optimize Sprint Direct Connect performance over 1x/roaming. 

- Enhanced precision to allow for better performance when using GPS application

Important Notes:

- Refer to the Motorola Admiral Software Update blog for install instructions

24 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 10/22 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

dshoem01 wrote:

Motorola Admiral Software Update – 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Fixes / Enhancements

- Improvements to Roaming Settings to optimize Sprint Direct Connect performance over 1x/roaming. 

- Enhanced precision to allow for better performance when using GPS application

Important Notes:

- Refer to the Motorola Admiral Software Update blog for install instructions

This is seriously cool news .  Now mabey that pesky GPS issue i have with my Admeral will get fixed (GPS remaining on after use by app) .  Just curious, but ya happen to know when it`ll roll out?  Thanx!  TK241

Journeyman

they need to fix the email problem. every deleted email comes back after a few minutes. it went to this after the update in july.

Journeyman

gengomerpyle1 wrote:

they need to fix the email problem. every deleted email comes back after a few minutes. it went to this after the update in july.

Hey there, i had the same issue, did you try the workaround that i found?  do the following:  MENU key>SETTINGS>accounts>tap you default account>other settings, on the screen that appears next tap the checkbox next to "remove manually deleted messages from the server." that worked for me (i varified that by unchecking that option and the issue returning again, checking that option made it go away , the side effect of this is that you`ll not be able to read messages later on on another device or on a PC if ya want.  However this is not a real biggie or anoyance, at least to me anyway.  If ya have a DC number i can pm ya mine and mabey talk ya through it too.  TK241

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are these the only issues being fixed at this time with the Motorola Admiral on this recent firmware update?

Journeyman

Hello, ever since this I got this update my battery won't make it through the whole day. I haven't changed anything else, so I'm wondering if anybody else is having the same problem?

Journeyman

my battery isnt lasting the whole day either but im not sure if its the update causing but you never know

Journeyman

Battery life is awful after update also. I always fully charge battery before I go to bed and disconnect from charger. Normally I go from 100% to 90% charge while sleeping. Now I'm going from 100% to 77% when I wake up.  I have changed power setting to lowest and it doesn't help. This sucks and needs to be figured out. This phone will be dead in a couple hours if I'm in a roaming location...this ain't gonna cut it. Is there any way to roll back an update?

Journeyman

Battery life is terrible after the update.

This needs to be addressed quickly, because my phone doesn't last half day. Before the update, it lasted 'til late evening with active use.

Also, I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but the phone screen sometimes locks itself when I use direct connect. It won't turn back on even after I press power button.

To fix this, I have to take out battery and put it back to reset the phone. This is frustrating.

Sprint better come out with the fix asap.

Journeyman

it also seems to take longer to send out a phone call. you can hit the send button and sometimes it takes over a minute to work, it just sits on the dial screen.