Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/22 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Highlighted
Wizard

10/22 - Motorola Admiral Software Update - 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Motorola Admiral Software Update – 5.5.1Q-117_PAX-69

Fixes / Enhancements

- Improvements to Roaming Settings to optimize Sprint Direct Connect performance over 1x/roaming. 

- Enhanced precision to allow for better performance when using GPS application

Important Notes:

- Refer to the Motorola Admiral Software Update blog for install instructions

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

lol, matty i had the same problem last weekend with the texts. i send a text to the old lady 3 times because it kept saying not sent. she messaged me and asked why i sent the same message 3 times. i wish i could go back  2 versions. even the version before this one was bad because it keeps showing emails that were deleted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Motorola (and Sprint),

What's up with a random restart of the phone?

I was using GPS, and the phone just randomly restarts - in the middle of freeway!

This happened twice already.

Please hurry up and fix these things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine has done that a few times also

Highlighted
Journeyman

My battery life went back to normal this morning....hope it stays this way. Its 1030am and battery at 76%. I unplugged at 11pm last night at 96% and it was 86% at 7am. This is how it drained battery before update. I have read about other motorola phones doing this after updates... bad life at 1st then gets better. I hope it stays this way. My phone was on a charger a lot the past two weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Admiral battery lasts 50-60% of what it used to before the last (October 2012) update.  My phone says 55.11.69.XT603.Sprint.en.US under 'System Version'.  PLEASE FIX. I have to charge it twice per day now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i went down to sprint this past saturday and bought the new RISE. so far all my problems that i had with the admiral are gone. im able to delete emails and they stay gone. my battery lasts longer and the text messaging are coming to me within a few minutes where it was sometimes 12-24 hours with admiral.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi there, so what can you tell us about the direct connect ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

its an app you download. its all done on the screen. so far its been working great and it sounds better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Direct Connect not very good on Admiral.  Often cannot connect. Sometimes when you do connect to someone, it will not hang up and you have to End Call before you can beep back.  My guess is this is an Admiral issue, not a Dirct Connect issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue!

I noticed some battery issues, nothing terrible but I usually can't make it through a whole day without attaching a charger, where before the update I could make it through at least one day.

Also, a lot of times I'll dial a number, press send, and wait 5+ seconds before it finally calls. Not the biggest deal, but its kind of frustating.

Hopefully we'll get another update that will fix these issues...and not break anything else

Highlighted
Wizard

Thought y`all would find this intresting, i was just wandering through my Admeral earlier tonight, and i found this intresting.  I went to the following, phone MENU key>SETTINGS>batterey and data, in the screen that appears tap the large batterey in the upper right of that screen and have a look at what`s using the batterey.  When i did i found that the most batterey was being used by, of all things, CELL STANDBY...at a whopping 36%, foloowed by PHONE IDLE at 29%.  Now what I`M wondering is, can`t they do an update to correct this and make the handset more "thrifty" with the batterey usage, or am i missing something here?  If i am please enlighten me on what i`ve gotten wrong.  It just seems like a lot of batterey is being wasted while the handset is in standby, `cause it shouldn`t be using batterey that much if it`s not ether sending/recieving data or in a voice or PTT call.  Any thoughts?  TK241.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good observation TK241!

Oh I wish Motorola fix the problem real soon.

I actually bought a car charger, just so that I can use it throughout the day. Before, I didn't need a car charger.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat