Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i search contacts by organization/company name?

Journeyman

How do i search contacts by organization/company name?

when I search contacts on my Motorola admiral it only searches first and  last names. So if I have a contact without a first or last name it  doesn't show up in the results at all. How can this be? A business  centric phone can't search contacts by organization/business name! I  called sprint and Motorola support and their solution was for me to  manually go through all my contacts and put something in the first/last  name field. please help.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

what do you use for email? do you use exchange server for your work email? i don't have an admiral in front of me right now, but I know on a prior Evo i used, i had to search by biz name a different way to get it to work. hmm...just looked it up cuz i emailed it to somebody a year ago.

on my evo, select Menu, select Company Directory, and type in a biz name and hit search.  this probably worked because of HTC's Sense user interface. would have to look at a live admiral demo. if i get a chance to look at one, i'll let you know what i find out.

what do your contacts back up to? gmail?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat