Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Admiral won't charge

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola Admiral won't charge

All of a sudden my Motorola admiral won't charge. I have tried switching batteries, using a different charger and doing a soft reset. It just acts like it is trying to charge and then shuts off the charger and then turns if back on and then off. Light on the charging port blinks on and off intermittently. If I put a brand new battery in the device it just blinks blue on the DC button nand does not charge the battery.

Anyone seen this and have a fix?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Popalocker,

I am sorry to hear that you device is not charging. I would honestly suggest taking the device into a Service & Repair center. They will be able to triage the device and determine if it’s a device related issue. Since you've swapped batteries, and used different charges to no avail, I am incline to believe it may be the device. You may locate your nearest Sprint S&R center by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please keep me posted on the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply-not sure what you mean by android recovery mode. Maybe there is something I can do here like a hard reset to fix? I can charge the battery in a different phone to start it up but just cannot recharge in the not working phone. I doubt it is a hardware issue.

Highlighted
Wizard

Popalocker,

Thanks for your reply. I sincerely apologize for the confusion. The post I initially added to this thread was for another customer having a separate issues with their device being stuck in Android Recovery Mode. Apparently my ability to multi-task today is getting the best the of me. I have edited my post to provide a suggestion based on your unique issue. Great catch, Thank You.

I agree, I believe the issue you are having is with the device itself. Taking the device to a S&R  and having it repaired or replaced is the best solution. Do you have TEP? Is the device damaged?

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Popalocker wrote:

All of a sudden my Motorola admiral won't charge. I have tried switching batteries, using a different charger and doing a soft reset. It just acts like it is trying to charge and then shuts off the charger and then turns if back on and then off. Light on the charging port blinks on and off intermittently. If I put a brand new battery in the device it just blinks blue on the DC button nand does not charge the battery.

Anyone seen this and have a fix?

Thanks.

Read this thread and got to thinkin`, is there a way to test that battery?  Correct me if i`m wrong here, but when the handset is plugged into the charger isn`t there some software (ether in the handset and/or the battery itself) that checks to see if one, the battery is the right one, and two, that it has what`s known as a "surface charge" so it can actually take a charge?  I recall something like this happening to a friend with a handheld two-way radio that he let get too deeply discharged, the battery wouldn`t take a charge, and the fix was to hook it up to a charger long enough to put back that surface charge i mentioned.  If ya havn`t already tried this, try to get the suspect battery tested too, ya might be suprised to find ya let it go to deep into discharge, dosen`t happen a lot with these newer LI-ion batteries, but that`s not to say it can`t happen.  Just something to think on.  Good luck.  TK241

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat