ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Admiral phones can't be called by older Nextel Moto phones

Journeyman

New Admiral phones can't be called by older Nextel Moto phones

We have six Motorola i305 series phones in truck that are no longer able to call their supervisors since the supervisors replaced their Blackberries with Motorola Admirals.

They are callin the ten digit voice phone number. PTT still works between the devices. Recently, one of the i305s was replaced by a DuraMax phone and we found it was able to call the supervisors, just fine. Any ideas out there?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: New Admiral phones can't be called by older Nextel Moto phones

EDJOHNSON1947 wrote:

We have six Motorola i305 series phones in truck that are no longer able to call their supervisors since the supervisors replaced their Blackberries with Motorola Admirals.

They are callin the ten digit voice phone number. PTT still works between the devices. Recently, one of the i305s was replaced by a DuraMax phone and we found it was able to call the supervisors, just fine. Any ideas out there?

Hey there, question for ya, do the older IDEN handsets have unique PTT numbers (i.e. xxx*xxx*xxx or something like xxx*xxxx*x, where x is the numbers between the astricks)?  Ya mentioned that you`re calling the regular 10 digit phone numbers and i`m assumming that it works between the Admerals and the Duramax unit okay, methinks this is a matter of the older IDEN units need to have the "regular", so to speak, PTT numbers, and that may be your hangup here, just a guess based on what i read in your post, good luck to ya.  If ya want to chat more pm me and i`ll shoot ya my DC number .  TK241

Journeyman

All of the phones have unique PTT numbers. That function works fine between the older phones and the Admirals. I was told that none of the older phones could call the Admirals and only today discovered that one of the 'older' phones was a Kyocera DuraXT. Haven't had them confirm that it is also experiencing the problem. They did say all of the phone, though. We're looking at phones that were functioning as expected until the Admirals came into the picture, then they lost the  ability to call. And when the one broken phone was replaced with a new Kyocers, it was again able to call the Admirals.

Wizard

EDJOHNSON1947 wrote:

All of the phones have unique PTT numbers. That function works fine between the older phones and the Admirals. I was told that none of the older phones could call the Admirals and only today discovered that one of the 'older' phones was a Kyocera DuraXT. Haven't had them confirm that it is also experiencing the problem. They did say all of the phone, though. We're looking at phones that were functioning as expected until the Admirals came into the picture, then they lost the  ability to call. And when the one broken phone was replaced with a new Kyocers, it was again able to call the Admirals.

Hey there, sorry i haven`t got back, been busy with some other stuff around here.  What you`re seeing is intresting, just a guess, but i wonder if the recent outage has something to do with it, there`s been issues with DC for a while now, i`m still getting error 300 messages when i attempt do call someone on Direct Connect, still wondering why.  Ya might want to give the cs folks a shout and see if they can`t help (unless you`ve already done that).  I also know the admeral was recently updated so as to allow ixRTT PTT roamming, although i`ve not had the chance to experiment with it yet, and won`t till i`m up north later on this year unfortunately.  Other than that i`m not sure what else i can do, which i could be of more help.  TK241  P.S.  I could send ya my DC number if ya want and we could at least chat this up if ya want .

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat