Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stops receiving text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone stops receiving text messages

Periodically, my Motorola Admiral enters a condition where no text messages are received.

When this happens, I can send text messages, but I notice that nobody seems to reply to them. I then realize that the messages are not arriving. When I reboot the phone (turn it on and off again), suddenly all of the missing text messages arrive, all at once. This has happened several times, and is an obvious issue because text messaging is a primary function of the phone.

Does this happen to anyone else, and is there a known cause for this behavior?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Phone stops receiving text messages

Thanks for posting Jmstuckman.

Let's a look at a few things. What software version do you have? Also try this, power cycle by taking the battery out for 30sec and then put it back in. Also does this happen at any particular location? If so, let me please have the zip code.Thank you.*Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I am having the same issue.  And, I do not receive phone calls during the same period of time the texts are not being received.  This is happening to my husband, daughter, son and mother as well.  I have had this issue since May of 2013.  Sprint needs to get their network fixed or I am going to start charging them for the down time on the phone not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I have system version 55.11.79.XT603 installed. I know that power cycle fixes the problem whenever it occurs -- the issue is that the problem repeatedly occurs in the first place.

I am also experiencing two other well-described issues:

The 10-120 second when dialing and spurious "merge call" invocation described here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b276d07cb6

Random reboots in various circumstances (after taking a photo, when navigating, when the phone is in my pocket, while the phone is charging, etc): https://forums.motorola.com/posts/27c8bca187

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey there,

I would back up the device and do a hard reset. If the issue persists I would take the device to a repair location.

Thank you,

*Paida

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat