Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-assigning DC button shortcut

Journeyman

Re-assigning DC button shortcut

Hi, I  recently purchased the Motorola Admiral.  I am new to smartphones and therefore still have not mastered the art of scrolling versus clicking. I am always selecting something when I try to "flick" on a screen. I was attempting to scroll through the list of available shortcuts afeter pressing the DC button and clicked the Dialer instead. As such, I mistakenly assigned the Dialer as the shortcut for this button. How do I change it back to where there is no shortcut for the DC button (at least for now until I decide what shortcut I want)?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and I will be more than happy to help you out.  If I understand you correctly, you placed an icon on one of your display screens that you meant to be a shortcut for Sprint Direct Connect and instead got the shortcut for the Dialer?  If that's correct then here's how you delete it.  Press and hold the your finger on the icon for a second or two and you will see the icon turn blue while a red bar at the top of the display shows a trash can. drag the icon and drop it into the trash and it's deleted.  Let me know if this answers your question or you need further assistance.

Journeyman

Hi Sue.  No, what I was referring to was the button on the left side of the phone that you would press if you have DC service (which I do not).  A message popped up on my screen asking if I wanted to assign it as a short cut. I mistakenly assigned it as the dialer, therefore now everytime I press that side button, the dialer pops up, which I do not want it to.  I want to revert back to what I had before, which was that no shortcut would pop up when I press the DC button. I may assign a shortcut to this button at a later date (as I am still getting used to my new phone) but for now I don't want any shortcuts assigned to this button.  Thanks.

Journeyman

Try this.  From your display hit your Menu, then Settings>Applications>Quick Launch.  Look for the PTT button and you should be able to reassign the DC button there.  Let me know if that works.

Journeyman

I am a wireless advantage club member and after reading this post I  tried to turn off my direct connect service but was told that it was not  possible with this phone. Then I called Motorola tech support and they  said that after speaking with an engineer it was not currently possible  to reassign the DC button. Any advice out there? The Motorola Forums suggest that it's possible but that direct connect needs to be turned off/not active

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/62467?tstart=0

Wizard

phil_hartman,

The only phones that are capable of reassigning of the push-to-talk button are the Kyocera Duramax/Duracore and the Motorola Admiral. None of our other direct connect phones are built with that ability. Also, because your plan includes unlimited direct connect changing to one of these devices would automatically assign the push-to-talk button for direct connect service.

Hope this was helpful and cleared some things up.

-Alec

Journeyman

Alec, thanks for the reply. I have the Motorola admiral. Is it possible  to deactivate the direct connect service or otherwise switch to a plan that doesn't have it? I would love to be able to reassign the ptt/DC button. I appreciate your help.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat