cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless For DC

Journeyman

Re: Useless For DC

mapesy,

Do as you wish. I was posting here because of another use claiming that sprint defrauded them and was using a bait and switch tactic with them. A user who also was using a "tone" with me. Some who was posting what could keep a perspective customer from purchasing a good phone with a good company. Yet I see you let those inflamatory remarks stay.

Also, you're going to monitor me and view my other posts? The last time I checked, I wasn't a child and I didn't need a chapperone. I was just starting to post on this forum, but with moderators such as yourself, THIS will be my last post here. You should really learn to read the whole conversation and both sides of the story before singling out one person. So long sprint forum.

Master

FANTOM3993

I removed was questionable content in the other posts.

When I monitor, I do so at the forum, thread and community member level. When comments are made such as what I read, then my scrutiny is at a more micro level. That is the process. It just weeds out trolls and the like. I am not saying you are a troll. But I do miss some of the posts as you mentioned.

My apologies for that.

mapesy

Journeyman

Hey there mapsey, sent ya a pm (just my compliments on the forums ), have a look and pm me back if ya want.  TK241

Sprint Employee

If you all would be kind enough to send me private messages with your details I will report this. Currently our device people are accepting reports of this for research, it seems to be happening when the Admiral comes out of roam.

Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

If you all would be kind enough to send me private messages with your details I will report this. Currently our device people are accepting reports of this for research, it seems to be happening when the Admiral comes out of roam.

I was just thinking on this issue here, and i have a couple of kinda techy questions, first, does ether of the network or the Admeral handset update anything (like the profile) when comming from ether a no service or roamming area into a Sprint native area?  And second, just what does the "update profile" option on the Admeral (found in phones physical menu key>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>system updates>update profile) do?  The second one is more for my info .  Reason i ask the first one is i`m wondering if when the phone reaquires Sprint service it kinda "forgets" to update the profile automatically.  Thanx.  TK241

Patron

Sorry i went to bed early...I believe, it is as you surmise,TK241.    When it comes out of a no service area it doesn't set up ptt. It gives no warning other than a small icon at the top of the screen for ptt with an even smaller red line thru it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oDAN51 wrote:

Sorry i went to bed early...I believe, it is as you surmise,TK241.    When it comes out of a no service area it doesn't set up ptt. It gives no warning other than a small icon at the top of the screen for ptt with an even smaller red line thru it.

Okay, yeah that`s what i was wondering.  This kinda dovetails into what i posted in a bug report elsewhere with the wifi issue i mentioned, and it`s easily fixed.  All they`d have to do is add some instructions that tell the handset to "assume always connected", kinda like on a PC, the handset, when it comes off a roamming or no service area, simply would update the profile (easily and quickly done) and set up the ptt, using the "assume always connected" thingy, basically when it sees Sprint service it imedately assumes that 3G is availible, connects, and sets up the PTT feature.  If for some reason there`s a problem network-wise, the unit goes into a "if-then" senario (familliar to anyone that`s messed around with Basic programming, if no 3G, then fall back to whatever it falls back to and don`t set up PTT unless PTT roamming is availible, when Sprint is again availible connect and assume connect and set up the feature).  I know this was a tad long, but ya get the gist .  I believe this`ll be resolved with a SW update, and i`ve heard of one comming out sometime soon, so let`s wait and see what crops up.  TK241  P.S.  Same with the wifi thingy, the handset sees a network, and imediately connects and authenticates, assumming always connected.

Journeyman

I would agree with the original poster.  I have found the DC function sketchy at best.  I can have full signal and start the DC conversation  and signal will dimish and the call will break up terribly.  This is while sitting still and not going in or out of a signal area.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.