cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one having trouble with their motorola photon Q 4g lte.

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Any one having trouble with their motorola photon Q 4g lte.

Some of these phones obviously have issues! The only thing that I don't like about mine is the battery life could be better! The screen eats up a lot of battery! I get, if I'm lucky, 7 or 8 hours even with the battery saver when I use the browser for the internet! What makes it worse is that battery is built in so you can't switch it out with a fresh battery! The keyboard is really good though and I get 4G LTE in my city now which saves the battery juice a bit!

Journeyman

I was in love with this phone before I started encountering some problems. Over half the time when I try to unlock the lock screen, it would freeze for a about five seconds ... then it unlocks. I looked at my phone's storage space which shows I haven't reached the half-way point, so my phone shouldn't act buggy at all.

I also have MAJOR issues with the keyboard. When I type on websites the letter keys would go crazy like "entering the same letter multiple times" or "no period when I press the period key".

I have a few more problems but my main and most annoying issue is when I switch the orientation of my Photon Q, the screen doesn't switch. I then test further by playing a game that requires the tilt function of the phone ... THAT didn't work. I thought my phone's tilting ability was broken before I restarted it and it worked again. I come across this issue approximately three times a week.

I absolutely HATE this phone. I regret ever getting it, no wonder Sprint was giving them away for free during Christmas time.

Journeyman

I am having issues with my phone since the software update on March 12.  Since then, my text messages received get scrambled.  Periodically when receiving a long text message, it gets cut in two parts.  The first part is delivered, but the second part is held back.  Other shorter messages from the same sender then come through, but the second half of the long text doesn't get delivered until another long text is recieved.  Then that second text is chopped, and its first half is delivered with the second half of the first long text attached to it.  It looks garbled because it is two separate parts of the conversation.  The second half of the second text is then held until a third long text is received....and you see the pattern of texts received like this:

A1

B

C

D

E1 + A2

F

G

H1 + E2

I

J

I have been in contact twice with Sprint for some sort of fix where they had me do some sort of update on the phone and restart it.  But the issue remains.  I told my husband NOT to accept the software update to his phone because then he may have this issue too.

So how do we fix this?  I've only had this phone since March 10th and I'm wondering if upgrading to it was a mistake.

Journeyman

Love the phone but I think the battery life is not good as it should be!

Highlighted
Wizard

PThomasson33,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  The issues you are experience are not typical of this device.  It sounds to me that your device is experiencing a software issue.  Have you downloaded any applications to your device?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

I have the Motorola 4G and all of a sudden my phone has started to send duplicate text messages sometimes the next day.  I have had several instances where I was in the middle of a call in a stationary location with a great signal, and the phone hung up.  It reboots periodically by itself, it stops vibrates when the alert is set to sound, and when an sometimes when a incoming call comes in, the screen does not allow me to swipe it unlocked.  Is there a solution in progress?  This is getting very irritating.

Journeyman

You hold the volume down and the power button for about 5-10 seconds and the phone will reboot.

hope this helps

Journeyman

this happened to me out on the road and I went to a sprint store and try to hold the on button down and the volume button down at the same time it is feature that resets the battery and phone like when your home computer goes into a safty mode you reset it. I love mine and that was the only probablem I have had

Journeyman

worst phone ever nothing but probs since day no internet connect

Journeyman

This is my third phone.  I feel your pain.