Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged internal storage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Damaged internal storage

I am having an issue with my photon 4g not mounting the internal storage ...i foolishly unplugged it from my pc without doing the safe remove procedure. Is there any way to fix this without formatting i dont wanna lose everything. How can i force it to mount please help me

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Damaged internal storage

Tesla420,

You may just need to remount your SD card.  The first thing you want to do is to ensure it is firmly placed in the device.  Removing and reinserting the card will take care of that.  From there, in your phone, select   Settings > Storage >Mount SD card. 

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you may have an issue with the card itself.  At that point, I would recommend taking your phone and the SD card to a Service and Repair center.  At that point, our technicians will be able to determine if the issue is with the device or the card itself.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat