cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your i576 by Motorola

Highlighted
Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your i576 by Motorola

So Another shot to the groin, with S-N........There is an update for the i576 :R8E.00.05 but as I try to update I can't find the latest version.......so I call customer service they inform me that the update is only going to be for new units and since I already have a phone I am not eligable to get the latest update for my currently in-use phone.......Hey quasi what do you think about that one???

1 REPLY 1

Re: Find and update the software version on your i576 by Motorola

cellullarguru wrote:

So Another shot to the groin, with S-N........There is an update for the i576 :R8E.00.05 but as I try to update I can't find the latest version.......so I call customer service they inform me that the update is only going to be for new units and since I already have a phone I am not eligable to get the latest update for my currently in-use phone.......Hey quasi what do you think about that one???

Ok... now that argument from the Sprint rep makes absolutely 100% NO SENSE to me.  What's the difference between an i576 made today versus one made 3 months ago?  Unless there is fundamentally a difference, there is no reason why your "older" phone wouldn't be able to get and use that update.  Sounds to me like another example of Sprint trying to get Nextel iDEN loyalists to leave, if you ask me.

So, you asked me what I think of it?  In a word: DESPICABLE!

Sadly, I'm not very surprised.  This is typical Sprint.  I would suggest calling Motorola instead and asking them of they can somehow provide you an update to the software that you can download from their site instead.  Good luck, since I don't know if that's even an option.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat