cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOTORAZR V3m - Getting error message: INVALID BATTERY

Highlighted
Journeyman

MOTORAZR V3m - Getting error message: INVALID BATTERY

The only way I can use the phone is if the battery IS in, but it is also plugged into the charger. A message 'invalid battery' still shows in the top left, but the phone is usable

If unplugged from the charger, I can scroll through menus, etc, but cannot place/receive calls.

I have taken the battery out, left it out for a bit, and replaced it, but it does not clear the error.

Any ideas??

Thank you!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: MOTORAZR V3m - Getting error message: INVALID BATTERY

I have the model phone myself. It sounds like you may need to have your battery replaced. Please take the phone and the battery to your local sprint repair store to be evaluated by a technician. You can locate a store using the "Find A Store" link on the sprint.com home page. Please send me a message if you have any further questions.

Wizard

@lisazoe wrote:

The only way I can use the phone is if the battery IS in, but it is also plugged into the charger. A message 'invalid battery' still shows in the top left, but the phone is usable

If unplugged from the charger, I can scroll through menus, etc, but cannot place/receive calls.

I have taken the battery out, left it out for a bit, and replaced it, but it does not clear the error.

Any ideas??

Thank you!!!

Hey there, just kinda curious, but dos the battery attempt to take a charge when ya plug in the charger? N9NRA

Message Edited by N9NRA on 02-19-2009 11:59 PM

Journeyman

I have this same problem. I got a battery from a friend which is working better than the original, but then every once in a while it shows the invalid battery message again.

Sometimes I get that message when I try to charge as well.

Seems like it is more than the battery that is the problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat