cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Q - can a phone this old be used as an emergency replacement?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto Q - can a phone this old be used as an emergency replacement?

Since I want to drop my TEP insurance coverage for my old Epic 4G (no longer makes financial sense), I'm wondering if a very ancient Moto Q that's lying around (still technically a smartphone!) can go on my account temporarily as a backup phone until I'd need to get a new replacement/upgrade designed for my current plan.  I'm just trying to confirm there are no technical hurdles in doing  this if I ever have to.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Moto Q - can a phone this old be used as an emergency replacement?

Yes, you can temporarily swap your Moto Q to the line till you get your replacement device. All you want to make sure is that  device  can power on to complete programming.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

abe2020 wrote:

Yes, you can temporarily swap your Moto Q to the line till you get your replacement device. All you want to make sure is that  device  can power on to complete programming.

Abe

Thanks, good to know. One more question: since the phone was given to me years ago, can I use a local Sprint store to make sure it has clean ESN (I believe that's the term) since I've heard that can kill an activation?

Highlighted
Master

You can put the ESN on this site and check if  device is  good for activation.http://checkesnfree.com/

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, my buddy had been using an old samsung flip that he originally bought new in 2002 for the last 2 months while he waited to be eligible for an upgrade.  as long as its capable of digital reception it still can be used

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat