Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Q require data plan?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto Q require data plan?

So, i currently have an lg rumor 2 and i would like a new phone. I went on ebay and saw the moto q for about $100. I DO NOT want a data plan so if i bought the moto q off ebay, could i activate it with my current plan WITHOUT using a data plan? I know for blackberry it is required. Also, is there any other phone that is a bar phone, qwerty keyboard, has sms and memory card slot, and camera and video. Wi-fi would be a MAJOR plus. Keep in mind i don't want a data plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Moto Q require data plan?

You wouldn't have to have a data plan, but know that the Moto Q does not have WiFi. You would want to make sure that the Sprint data was blocked as well. Smartphones like to connect to the internet when programs request it assuming there is a data plan, since that's what they're designed to have.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

You wouldn't have to have a data plan, but know that the Moto Q does not have WiFi. You would want to make sure that the Sprint data was blocked as well. Smartphones like to connect to the internet when programs request it assuming there is a data plan, since that's what they're designed to have.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this the same for the Q9c?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat