Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Q9c Failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto Q9c Failure

Ok, I have been laughing when people complain about their Windows Mobile devices locking up or freezing on them. My Q has lost it occasionally, butI just empty the task manager or restart for an easy fix.
Last nightI went to check a text and it locked up on me. I clicked home and opened the task manager to empty it out, and it really froze. I removed the battery for a hard restart, and whenI tried to power back on, allI get is the Motorola logo. I removed the battery again and left it out all night. In the morning I powered on again, and it worked,I got the startup sound and saw the homescreen. SoI put it in my pocket and left for work. WhenI got to work it was non-responsive again.
Is this the "Nightmare" scenario everyone keeps talking about? I know thatI can visit a store or call in to hear that its broken andI need to buy a new one, being thatI am on my 48th day of service. It just seems like this shouldnt happen and there is something that I am missing. Has this happened to anyone else, any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Moto Q9c Failure

as for an immediate fix, it's under a 1 year warranty. go to a Sprint retail store with on-site techs and they'll swap it out for you.

unfortunately, i have little to no hands on experience with the Q, so i cannot be of any more help. if i run across one and get a chance to muddle with it, i'll let ya know.

Journeyman

I am in the 30-day return period. I had two similar experiences - pulling the battery out several times to reset it. For what it is worth, I concluded thatthe battery was drawn down too far, need a full recharge and my preference settings neededto be change.
When I experienced these problems, I had the phone set on "vibrate" and set to synch with exchange every 5 minutes during the peak workdays. I increased the ActiveSync interval and no longer use vibrate. (I now set to Normal or Silent - which may not work for everyone.)
I also noticed that I receive a "main battery low" message and a low battery indication even after I fully charged it. After I reset it, the phone acknowledges that it is fully charged. There may be a firmware issue related to both of these issues - butI am not schooled onengineering.
I plan to study the owners manual and online Moto support in more detail to rule out any user(me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, i visited the help desk at a Sprint store, and after a few minutes of poking and hard and soft resets, the official response was: "Huh....That's weird."Thats what I thought.
It definitely wasn't a power issue, the battery was just fully charged before the lockup, and the phone now wont even aknowledge that it is being plugged in, which it will even if powered down.
Though they don't know what the deal is, they have ordered a new phone, which arrives in 3-4 business days, free of charge. I guess the $7 equipment protection program just paid for itself : )

Highlighted
Journeyman

My MotoQ 9C also froze at the M logo. Changed batteries, took battery out over night, too. I took it into a dealer. They did a master reset and it has worked ever since. I had an afetr-market battery in there and the dealer gave me a new one since he said he couldn't tell what had caused the problem and wasn't sure it was my battery. Good experience at the dealer's.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat