cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola I1 for Nextel (not Boost) for sale on Ebay???

Highlighted
Patron

Motorola I1 for Nextel (not Boost) for sale on Ebay???

I know alot of us awaiting the release of the I1 for Nextel have seen Best Buy selling it for boost already and also on Ebay. Also some have mentioned getting it directly from Nextel Mexico or Mexico Brazil  but yesterday I saw an Ebay listing for the I1 and it explicitly was listed as a "Brand New Motorola i1 Android for NEXTEL not Boost"  ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Motorola-i1-Android-NEXTEL-not-Boost-/200496842771?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2eae8b0813 ) . I know for sure it is not a Nextel Mexico (or any other country) phone since Nextel is only linked with Sprint (and all its pertaining logos) only in the USA. So just curious here about your opinions... is this photoshopped or did someone get sticky fingers at a sprint warehouse? (all opinions or guesses are welcome)

Message was edited by: cpllona777

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Motorola I1 for Nextel (not Boost) for sale on Ebay???

http://now.sprint.com/motoi1/

Patron

Thanks for the link Goygacon, but I was already aware that Nextel/Sprint had plans of releasing the I1 and had seen that page (along with the motorola page) already. What I meant, and maybe I was not too clear when I wrote it, was that with no official release date from sprint, all pictures of a packaged I1 have been in Boost packaging, and all ebay listings have been for the Boost I1 (maybe 1 or 2 have been for Nextel Mexico), it was a total surprise for me too see a Sprint packagaged I1 on Ebay so i was wondering if that was just some photoshop work or if some employee at a sprint warehouse gave himself a five finger discount  on the I1 and posted the listing before this phone has even been released by Sprint/Nextel

cpllona777 wrote:

I know for sure it is not a Nextel Mexico (or any other country) phone since Nextel is only linked with Sprint (and all its pertaining logos) only in the USA. So just curious here about your opinions... is this photoshopped or did someone get sticky fingers at a sprint warehouse? (all opinions or guesses are welcome)

Message was edited by: cpllona777

Wow...you're SO WRONG!  Sprint does not have the copyright to anything and everything Nextel.  NII Holdings (formerly known as Nextel International) sells ALL of its iDEN phones under the Nextel name and logo.  So the Motorola i1 COULD be from Nextel Peru, Nextel Mexico, Nextel Argentina, Nextel Brazil, etc.  Pick one.  But the point is you are completely misinformed regarding who can use the Nextel name.

As for the picture, I've seen that offered up on Engadget.com a while ago.  So, if anything, it could be someone who found the picture and decided to copy&paste it onto their sales pitch for eBay.  But, if it is a Sprint employee selling the phone, then there is a problem.  Sprint employees can get the phones, but the phones are NOT supposed to be resold (even on eBay) since the IMEI is listed and will not be allowed to be re-activated (once the phone is shut off by the Sprint employee) on a non-employee account.

If I was you, I'd report the listing to both eBay.com as well as to Sprint.com.  So, if it is an employee, he should be fired.  If it's someone who is simply lying about the origin of the phone, then he should be delisted and perminently booted from eBay.com.  At least, those are my feelings about it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat