cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola V3M

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola V3M

My daughter has a Motorola V3M that is VERY unreliable. In fact, this is her 3rd such device. The first went swimming in the hot tub. We replaced it via the insurance program. That phone had issues - one of which was that the lights on the keypad would never work. We replaced that phone as well via store exchange. This third phone is contantly locking up and not working properly. Anyone else had such bad luck with the V3M phones? What can I do - except exchange the same device again?!?! I don't want another V3M if all it's going to give me is headaches!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Motorola V3M

The v3m RAZRs are terrible phones. What I would recommend is taking it into the service store and telling them you're having issues and that you want a differnt phone since it is your 3rd device that is having issues. They might be willing to swap you out to something comparable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I HAVE THE RED RAZOR, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PHONE!!!!! WHEN I PURCHASED IT, I WASNT TOLD ABOUT MOISTURE, OR WATER DAMAGE. THE BUTTONS HAVE COME OFF OF IT, MY PHONE WILL RING AND WHEN I ANSWER IT, IT CONTINUES TO RING. IT IS JUST CRAZY. GOOD LUCK TO WHO EVER PURCHASE THIS PHONE, TO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My first Sprint phone was a v3m and had not one problem out of it besides battery lifecould've been better. A friend has the v3m Red and she has zero trouble out of hers, I know of 2-3 others that has some type of Razr v3 and never had of any problems from them (could and just never said anything). Most problems come from the fact people don't turn off their phones enough, you should always turn it off once a day or at least once every other day (this goes for any phone). This will help stop lock-ups, crashes, etc. Also anytime you charge a mobile phone you should turn it off to make sure you get a 100% charge, remember can't get a true full charge if it's on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Razr - slice 'em up...they are NOT good phones, and i've had quite a few. Just got the Razr V3m. Good display quality, The Sprint GPS is very good. And it does havemany nice options / features / programs (are not allfree). Pretty easy to use, but it has some annoying little gramlins in it!I havent used all the features, (games, internet just once but it was quick) but it gets poor scores in:

1. Battery Life,but of course the more u use it the more it loses, but even while not in use it keeps a charge for about 24 hrs. Other phones i've had hold the charge for up to 3 days not in use.
  2. Camera - Video mode, Picture Mail, reviewing pictures:Very slow to open and navigate thruphotos in camera, yeah i know file size matters, but this phone is slower than any other i have used.BIG BUGGER:the side bar quick-access button tostart camera or video recorder isn't quick! (upper right side of phone, accessable when phone is closed.)THAT BUTTON DOESN"T LIKE TO RESPOND! Faster to open camera thru the Menu. Also, I would of expected a flash in this phones camera. But no, stuck with dark pics, must have lots of light to take a picture.
  3. Navigation - menu - response to inputis kinda slow, poor. Not all the time,but enough to be a bother.In certain applications it is very slow,One example:accessing contacts to insert a name into a 'To' field in a message. When i press a button i expect it to respond promptly, not to think about it for a while then perform the task. sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds to respond.
  4. Main screen- crappy menu.. wish I can change the main 4 way option menu on the 1st main screen. Must be a way.
  5. TEXTING: when my phone rings for a text, i open it, and it goes back to main screen, have to then manually go to my texting program to retrieve the text message. it disappears off the main screen upon it's arrival and makes me go look for it... stupid message playing hide and seek, 80% of the time.
  6. Entering Text: Poor choices for method of entering text - can't they come up with some standard entry methods? This phone doesnt have T9, has 2 other types of auto text but i dont like either of them. and what about plain old press and press entry? where did that go? my dictionary isnt like evryone elses. And why no auto complete on vulgar, nasty, and curse words? What the F#%*?
  7. Okay, I will shut up now and find something better to do than complain.

Motorola: someone dropped the ball on this phone,bounced that ball hard on all of them!you should be ashamed! yeah it was cheap with the new 'add-a-line' offer. No excuse. Motorola:Wasted time on manufacturing/designingthis phone just so it could waste our time.

Really, I am done now. Bye! I don't expect any replies, just adding my thoughts on the phone. Rate it a 5. out of 10.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat