Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola X pure Edition

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola X pure Edition

Will the Motorola X pure unlocked phone operator on the Sprint network?

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Motorola X pure Edition

Hello Larry496,

Finally up and running as of 12:01 pm, Wednesday September 16, 2015 thanks to Sprint Customer Care and Tech Support. I could not activate phone on the Sprint Activation page. The process went slowly due to my location to the towers. It came on finally with 3G and one bar of strength. I drove out of the neighborhood and onto main roads and the MXPE displayed LTE and four bars. I'm not technical so reading many of the blogs and forums helped alleviate much of my stress and frustration. Especially [inappropriate link removed]. Patience is definitely required. This is my first Smart/Android device. I love the MXPE! Good luck to all!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes, we are able to activate the Moto X Pure... You will need a SIM card (agents call it UICC) in order to activate your phone. You can pick one up at a Corp Sprint store or call into Care to order one.

Journeyman

The Sprint Nano SIM card I got to work activating my new Moto X Pure Edition was Part: SIMGLW446C, SKU: CZ2144LWC, UPC: 019962040146

Journeyman

I have a new Moto X Pure Edition and after two tries got the UICC SIMGLW446C. When I attempted to activate, I was told to contact customer service. The person I contacted said the system didn't recognize my phone's serial number and she would submit a ticket to update their system, which would take 7 to 10 business days. Did you encounter anything like that?

Did the agent provide you a ticket number? If not, would you send me a private message with your phone number and MEID or HEX ESN so I can have our device team look into this.

Journeyman

Success! I called customer support today and was able to activate my new phone.

Journeyman

I have just gone through the exact same thing.  Agent and supervisor said IMEI is not in the database.... They also said that I MUST have a sprint purchased phone.   I bought this phone straight from motorola with an employee discount as they are a client of mine.

RLCOLLECTOR68 can you help me? Otherwise I guess I will just port my self over to another carrier.

Wizard

Sprint can operate phones bought somewhere else. If you get told that hangup and call back.

Yes, we are able to activate the Moto X Pure. Send me a private message with your PTN and IMEI so I can have some look into it.

Journeyman

I received the new SIM card after second order went through.  Bought two of these phones, one from Motorola site and one from Amazon.  Activated them both easily during an on line chat with very nice and knowledgeable Sprint Service Representatives.  No issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat