• Threaded inbox shows as empty when there are messages
  • Occasional inaccurate GPS fixes
  • Numbers not displayed properly in messages for Arabic and Hebrew languages
  • Korean language strings
  • Authentication issue with Jabra BT620 headset
  • Wrong phone number after SIM card swap
  • American dialing number format in MMS

Improves camera operation

Visit the Support web site to find the current software version, learn troubleshooting tips and access additional support resources specific to your Motorola Brute i680.

You can also access the Motorola Web site at http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/html/firmware_utility.html and follow the on-screen instructions.

1. Select the utility for your Brute i680
  2. Connect your phone to your computer with a data cable
  3. When the utility starts, follow the onscreen instructions provided
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Motorola i680 Maintenance Release

First off, I am happy that the Brute is getting fixed.  But I have some issues regarding the update.

Ok what happened to the OTA release?  I have a "Check for Update" selection on my phone.  Now I have to go to a store and/or buy a data cable to get the update.  Considering I don't get much time out of work, how is this going to allow me to "Get things Done." ?

I am very dissapointed in the whole idea of this update.  I have to inconvenience myself to get the software update that should have been released with the phone. Six years ago this phone would not have been released with such a flaw

I'll make sure to let you know how the update is when I can prioritize my time to fit in a trip to the local store.

Please let Nextel go Sprint.  I am continuously enraged by the handling of iDEN.  We are just supposed to be happy with a bone every now and again? I think not.

AFDOC

Journeyman

I agree. As a Busy paramedic in Fla, I spend most of my time at work or sleeping. My time is Extremely limited ESPECIALLY now that springbreak has Flooded our town and our beaches. If i must arrange the time to go to the phone store.... I think (after looking at the big picture) that i would just be better off to go to a verizon or ATT store. Gee, Sprint/Nextel, Thanks for nothing. You know, If the phone has aNEEDED fix and this is how the updates are to be done, a datacord should have been provided WITH the phone. And Now,The third phone I have recieved from them is doing the same thing AGAIN so I now MUST do SOMETHING.  Oh well, I guess They will just say that "another person was unhappy" and ignore this post too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FishingMedic wrote:

I agree. As a Busy paramedic in Fla, I spend most of my time at work or sleeping. My time is Extremely limited ESPECIALLY now that springbreak has Flooded our town and our beaches. If i must arrange the time to go to the phone store.... I think (after looking at the big picture) that i would just be better off to go to a verizon or ATT store. Gee, Sprint/Nextel, Thanks for nothing. You know, If the phone has aNEEDED fix and this is how the updates are to be done, a datacord should have been provided WITH the phone. And Now,The third phone I have recieved from them is doing the same thing AGAIN so I now MUST do SOMETHING.  Oh well, I guess They will just say that "another person was unhappy" and ignore this post too.

FishingMedic, I hear you!

By the way, are you experiencing problems with the alarm clock? like it NOT WORKING? I have tried it multiple times and it works about 50%.

AFDOC

Message was edited by: AFDOC

Journeyman

I don't think iDEN phones could ever do an OTA update. The data speeds of the network would mean you'd likely be downloading the update for hours, unless the phone had a WiFi or WiMAX connection. Just the nature of the beast, I guess. Take it for what it is.

Journeyman

Hey everyone I was wondering how many people who have downloaded the update have a problem with transmitters constantly turning off? 

4 out of seven days I awake turning my phone on and the transmitters are off? gets real annoying.  I know it used to happen SOMETIMES with my 580 but it has gotten too frequent.  I went all morning not realizing it (work unit) and finally saw yet again the transmitters were off.

AFDOC

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat