cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New-Coming Soon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

New-Coming Soon!

There are two new Direct Connect capable device Coming Soon(No release date set yet).

Please visit the following link to view the two new devices

http://sprintenterprise.com/newphones/

They are:

1.Blackberry Curve 8350i

2. Motorola i576

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New-Coming Soon!

Thank you for the update; it's good to see at least a few iDEN phones in the pipeline, an in particular the executive crowd has been waiting far too long for an updatediDEN DC capable BlackBerry device.

Of course, Nextel being the unwanted stepchild of Sprint-Nextel, the iDEN phones are placed at the end of this list of new phones, behind four Sprint CDMA phones. That's OK, we've grownaccustomed toalwaysbeing second-class citizens at Sprint-Nextel.

Nxtl4me

Highlighted

@Nxtl4me wrote:

Of course, Nextel being the unwanted stepchild of Sprint-Nextel, the iDEN phones are placed at the end of this list of new phones, behind four Sprint CDMA phones. That's OK, we've grownaccustomed toalwaysbeing second-class citizens at Sprint-Nextel.

Um...Nxtl4me, I know what you probably meant, but please...don't encourage them. As a Nextel user, I still think that I should be treated as a first-class (elite class, premier class, etc) customer. The fact that Sprint refuses to do so is why they continue to lose customers. Period!

Oh, btw, while the website is a nice touch to show off some of the upcoming phones, I already posted (last month) a link showing which phones would be launched when (at least those with DC that is). Sad that CDMA gets what...a good 6 phones and iDEN gets 2...both of them...yawns...boring as far as appearance goes.

GIVE US A iDEN/WiMAX combo phone instead...like...maybe...perhaps...the MOTOROLA CABO?!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I apologize to hear that you both feel as if Nextel is the "Second class citizens or Step children" to Sprint. I can insure you that this is not the way I, as a Customer Service Representative, feel or act toward Nextel Customers. To me the companies merged, so you are all Sprint/Nextel customers, no matter how it is put! Just wanted to let you know there was an agent out there who cared/treated all customers with the same respect. However I am not able to influence the new device, or how many of each they put out. I do apologize for that, however I was just informing the customers who may have not know about the new device, and wanted to. Thank you for your time, and posts.

Highlighted

Ashley: I do appreciate that comment. It does resonate with me (at least). But the few CSRs that do appreciate those of us Nextel subscribers that still remain (and sometimes, even we wonder why we stay) are 1) few and far between, and 2) really don't set corporate policy. The problem with this company is that those that DO set corporate policy DO choose to treat their Nextel subscribers as 2nd class subscribers. Sad, but true. There's no Nextel advertising. There's no Nextel network expansion to speak of for the past 3 years...yes...3 years! There's been no significantly impressive (yet) iDEN phones released since the merger. I mean...seriously...3 years before Nextel got a BB upgrade of any kind?!? Pre-merger, Nextel had AT LEAST 2 BB's to choose from...but once the merger was done...only 1. Very disappointing. Then there's the idea of internally changing and referring to this company as merely "Sprint" even though it officially is listed as SprintNextel. And then there's the renaming of the NASCAR Nextel Cup to the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Yeah...that wasn't a total slap in the face to Nextel subs...nah.

Ashley, there's a laundry list of serious miscalculations and blatant ignorant and/or arrogance on the part of the Sprint management that has led this company since the merger that it seems completely mindblowing that there really is anyone employed here (other than in CS) that can actually comprehend, let alone do something about, the problems that iDEN subscribers face daily.

Ah well...while odds are you don't have the clout for it, if you can push the idea of getting this company to petition Motorola to create a true iDEN/WiMAX handset (launching it perhaps in Michigan first?!? ok...that may be asking TOO much)...and calling it the Motorola iCabo...and do so before say...March, 2009...then I think that such an executive phone could do quite a bit to show current iDEN customers to stay. Oh...and let's STOP having everyone even remotely associated with this company refer to SprintNextel as merely "Sprint". It's "SprintNextel" and that's how it should be referred to. Period. Don't like it? Then sell off Nextel (and everything it brought with it into the merger...yes, including debt AND ESPECIALLY SPECTRUM) to NIHD already and call it a day. Otherwise...this company is SprintNextel...not merely Sprint. Quit being lazy...because the Nextel base is getting really sick of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do understand you concerns. And I am saying that personally, not as a CSR. A lot of my family has Nextel, while some feel kinda as you do, they do not feel as strongly as you do. As most of them feel like 99% of the time the issues is still resolved. And that may be all in getting the correct CSR as well. May I suggest chatting in to Sprint/Nextel verses Calling, we are delighted in resolving your issues. :]

And, not very relevant, but you mentioned it(about the no advertisement), so I must mention that  I see Nextel commercials still...The one with the construction workers..playing like musical chirp or something like that.

Hope you have a good evening!

Message Edited by AshleyJohnson3 on 10-08-2008 06:13 PM

Highlighted

Ashley, that was one of the fastest responses that I've seen on here. Nice!
As for the CSRs...I do agree with you there. Getting in touch with a CSR that's at least honest is a plus. It's amazingly refreshing to me when a CSR tells me "You know what...I honestly don't know the answer, but I WILL find the answer and report it to you within xx amount of time. If not, I will jot down your number and call you back ASAP so that you don't have to spend xx amount of time on hold." However, I must have a link on my account that gets me directed to the jerks of CS that remain - my issues still don't get resolved...and that's regardless if I call into CS or use the Chat service. To say it's frustrating is to say the least.
I will grant you that I probably am a bit more passionate than most Nextel subscribers...but I think that's because I've been with Nextel so long that I've seen the company operate from essentially startup all the way to the merger. While I do understand AND expect every company (including Nextel) to have growing pains and problems, I've never seen as many problems SUDDENLY arise seemingly out of the blue as it appears that management would have us believe after only 6 months post-merger. To me, this is seriously a telecom version of Chrysler's problems when that company merged with DaimlerBenz. Personally, I didn't like that move, and the results have been evident. Chrysler...much like Nextel...had its problems, but none of those problems were going to seriously hamper the company, let alone cause such a dramatically drastic change to the company's balance sheet. Yet, suddenly Daimler's management (much like Sprint's with Nextel) screwed around and used the $17B that Chrysler had in cash (in their "rainy day" fund) and spent it upgrading the plants. However, the company did NOT upgrade any of the Chrysler plants...it ONLY upgraded those DaimlerBenz plants...and then when the money ran out...Daimler sold 80% of Chrysler to Cerberus. I feel the same is going to happen to Nextel. And that simply doesn't sit well with me. I may be overly passionate, but given my experiences with all of the other wireless providers (including Sprint itself pre-Nextel), I figure if Nextel goes...then the last best thing about wireless is dead. Dramatic? Yes. Accurate? Absolutely...if you ask me.
And lastly, about those commercials. Where are you seeing them? I've ONLY seen Sprint's commercials for the "ReadyNow" thing, the "Simply Everything" plans, the Instinct (all of them...ugh), and the stupid firemen one where all the firemen use PTT WHILE IN THE SAME STUPID ROOM!?! What's worse...I've seen now 2 Verizon PTT commercials promoting their NEW PTT offering. Very disconcerting. BTW, if the construction one you're talking about is the one I'm thinking of, that one is like 2 years old now. Does it still incorporate that horrible neon?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, sorry this response is a bit behind, and IM heading home, so the next will be ever more behind..:]

However...to the point. I do agree with you, and I do believe that you too should be treated with the utmost respect as a customer in this company. You are still a customer, not matter what device you have. Point blank. I agree with this. I do hope that your "link" goes away, and you are able to connect with caring respectful reps, like in chat!

And for that commercial, I do not watch TV much, but I happen to notice it when I was in the room with my grandfather just the other day. I think it funny, its been around for a while, let me see if I can locate a link or something on YouTube about it, and post it, so that you can view this...... OH and the ones where they are in the office dancing, and the person comes in they all chirp to confirm everything is done, then go back to dancing(badly)

Highlighted

Vacation?!? Must be nice! Yeah...one of the best Nextel commercials were "Who's Agitatin' My Dots?" and the "Salt-N-Pepa Dancers". The one that still sticks in my mind was the original Nextel commercials which took place back in what...1997 or 1998 or so. It had a guy who played the role of an office manager. He wanted to talk to an employee named "Johnson" and the rest of the office staff told the manager that Johnson was leaving for his vacation. The manager then said he's catch him. The office staff seemed dumbfounded since Johnson already was seen going down in the elevator.

Then...the entire office staff looks out the nearest window overlooking the street...and the manager counts down "3...2...1...*chirp*...Johnson, we need you." No response. Johnson is seen flagging down a cab. Again..."Johnson...we need you". Johnson opens the cab door and gets in. One last time...before the cab leaves... "JOHNSON..." The entire office staff quiets down...looks around. "Johnson?" And then the office manager sees that Johnson had left his briefcase on his office chair...and the Nextel phone was left inside the briefcase.

I thought it was simply hysterical...but that's me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it was nice.Thank you :]

And yeah, I search like 5 pages, and I can not seem to locate the one with the construction workers, but it is interesting. And so is the one with the three office people dancing(badly). Go to YouTube.com, and then in "Nextel Commercials", they will generate for you..Maybe you will have better luck locating the one I mentioned.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat