Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Moto X Pure Edition

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Moto X Pure Edition

Will the new Moto X Pure Edition work on the Sprint network?

27 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: New Moto X Pure Edition

I'm wondering about this as well.  The Nexus 5 from the Play Store works on Sprint so I'm crossing my fingers.

Journeyman

I also need to know this

Journeyman

I contacted Sprint support and they told me YES immediately, I asked for any literature. Then NO,we don't have any information on this phone, but it will work because it is "a smartphone"..... Then they didn't know. Then they told me a bunch and standard phrases like "Only Sprint phones can be activated on Sprint networks". "Can you tell me, oes the phone have a Sprint logo on it?" !!!!! ITS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER I JUST TOLD YOU THAT.!!!!

Journeyman

Yea, Sprint customer service isn't going to know crap. 

Master

clankfu, As of know we do not have an exact date of when the device will be released. For future release date information please visit http://bit.ly/1tw6TpC. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That's not the question we're asking.  Motorola has an unlocked "Pure Edition" Moto X that will be available for pre-order tomorrow (9/16).  We'd like to know whether that model will work on Sprint's network. 

It wouldn't be unprecedented since the Nexus 5 from the Google Play Store was made available to work on Sprint's network.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/09/mark-your-calendar-pre-order-begins.html?linkId=9613101

Master

zgrotens, Thank you for your post! At this time, we don't have an exact release date. To stay updated on all new device releases, please visit us at Sprint.com/newsroom. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Master

JDZONDO- Thank you for reaching out to us. For more information on this device, please visit sprint.com/newsroom . - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No offense but these responses are extremely unhelpful given the original question.

From one of the previous post above:

Motorola has an unlocked "Pure Edition" Moto X that will be available for pre-order tomorrow (9/16).  We'd like to know whether that model will work on Sprint's network.

It wouldn't be unprecedented since the Nexus 5 from the Google Play Store was made available to work on Sprint's network.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/09/mark-your-calendar-pre-order-begins.html?linkId=9613101

Master

Clankfu - Thank you for replying back to us. Unfortunately, we don't have a release date on the Moto X Pure. We cannot guarantee that this device will work on our Sprint network. For more information please visit sprint.com/newsroom . - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Master

JDZONDO - I understand your concern. At this time we do not have any information or a release date for that phone. Even though it's a unlocked device, it will have to be compatible with our network. Also, at this time the phone has only been released with AT&T, rather this device will be released with us is to be determine. - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat