cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sprint User/Motorola RAZR V3M-On Demand doesn't work

Journeyman

New Sprint User/Motorola RAZR V3M-On Demand doesn't work

Hi! I've tried everything to get my On Demand service to work. I am a new user, new phone (not even 30 days old). I have Power Vision and my Sprint TV and Web service work fine. The On Demand worked for 5 days and then died. The screen freezes with "Preparing your on demand service" than goes back to the original screen. I've power cycled the phone, tried to update my Power Vision profile (keep getting error message 1012), did a PRL software update. Nothing makes the On Demand work. I called Customer Service technical issues and they say I should switch out the phone-didn't even make out a ticket for the engineers on it. I've looked on this site and found 3 other reviews from Motorola V3M users saying their On Demand service doesn't work on this phone. Why aren't the engineers or someone from Sprint addressing this issue? Switching out my phone to the exact same model is not going to fix this issue. I've gone ahead and ordered a new phone but somehow I seriously doubt this is going to fix the problem. If someone knows anything about the Motorola V3M and how to fix this, please tell me because I'm getting zero assistance from the customer service line-also, they tried to reprogram my phone and it still doesn't work. I never thought I would have so many problems (service, billing, equipment issues) in 30 days. You'd think someone could fix this for me so I could get the service I'm paying for!
Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: New Sprint User/Motorola RAZR V3M-On Demand doesn't work

The only On Demand Issue that I have found in the database that is a known issue is the following...

Closing the flip during an update in On-Demand may cause the device to lock-up.  Functionality can be restored by pressing and holding the END key until the device powercylces.  Device software version 24.2_00.37.00R addresses this issue.

If customer has a Motorola RAZR V3m with the above issue:

1. Verify what software version is currently on the device.

2. Upgrade the software on the device to version 24.2_00.37.00R or the most current version.

The 1012 error should have been fixed on your original device.

Error code 1012 may be caused by these situations:

• The network is busy or is experiencing a problem.
  • Incorrect programming of the MSID in the phone or connection card.
  • Provisioning of an activation, ESN swap or Username swap has not completed.

Journeyman

I do have the .43 software version and am still getting the Error 1012 error. When I tried to call into Sprint to fix, they instructed me to reprogram phone and now NO Vision services are working. Error 1012 on everything. I'm through with this. I'm getting ready to cancel.

Journeyman

I'll check with technical support.

Journeyman

Any news on this issue., waiting on a responce to this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this same issue happen with my Red Motorola V3m.  

The phone was programmed over the air which allowed me to call out, receives calls and text.

The code sprint uses to access the phones program menu did not work and I had to resort to motorola's defalut # # s e t u p # * to enter the MSID.

Still no internet services because the phone's firmware had been flashed at some point to either update or replace the sprint software.   So the phone has very limitted services Call in , Call out, text becuase its not fully registered on the sprint network.  This is what they told me at the store and since I had just ordered the Samsung Moment I didnt investigate any further with the motorola.  In short your is not going to work with internet unless you let the flash it and updat the software at a repair store.   You'll have to ask to see if they will do it.

Hope this helps,

PCWEBIZ

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat