cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextel i776, can't hear out of earpiece only speakerphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nextel i776, can't hear out of earpiece only speakerphone

I have a nextel i776 and when somebody calls on the phone, i can't hear them, they can hear me, but if i put the speaker on they can hear me. Any troubleshooting ideas would be great

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Nextel i776, can't hear out of earpiece only speakerphone

Leaky6 wrote:

I have a nextel i776 and when somebody calls on the phone, i can't hear them, they can hear me, but if i put the speaker on they can hear me. Any troubleshooting ideas would be great

Ok...I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say, but I'll assume you meant the following:

When you place a call or have someone call you, the earpiece of your flip is NOT working, but the speaker phone portion does work.  In other words, you can't use the phone for a private call since you cannot hear from the earpiece flip.  However, you are able to use the phone in "speaker mode" in order to talk.

If that's the case, then it sounds like your flip earpiece shorted out.  This isn't uncommon, and typically occurs between 2 to 5 years of use.  What happens is a small (i.e., very thin) piece of copper wire either gets disconnected internally or actually breaks.  The solution is to take your phone to an authorized repair shop and have the flip itself replaced.

I did that for my i90c about 2 years ago and the guy charged me (since my phone was out of warranty) only $25.  Considering Sprint wanted to charge me $50 merely to diagnose the phone, let alone to repair it, I think I made out like a bandit!  Have a phone that still works, and it only costed me $25.  Much cheaper than paying for that stupid insurance too.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat